Launch your start-up
If you’ve got a product, a prototype or a problem that you want to fix, this program is for you! We want to see your back-page sketches, completed designs or moonshot ideas.
Applications have now closed for our 2019 Cohort 4.
The La Trobe Accelerator Program will provide mentoring, workshops, legal and grant application assistance, and co-working spaces: all we ask of you is to be dedicated and ready to take your startup idea to the next stage. We’re an immersive 12-week program willing to take on any entrepreneur across regional and metro Victoria.
For more details Download our 1-Page Flier [PDF 1.7 MB] for 2019.
Click here to Download our 2018 Program Example [Doc. 3079 KB].
Our program structure is unique:
- Each team receives 1:1 coaching with a diverse range of industry-based mentors
- Start-up teams have the opportunity to receive equity-free funding
- Office space at our two LTAP Hubs: in Bendigo and Bundoora
- Workshops on topics such as business planning, finance, selling, globalism, wellness, marketing and IT platforms
- Graduation Ceremony - The La Trobe Accelerator Program concludes with a Graduation Ceremony; an exciting platform for our start-ups to gain recognition and potentially secure further investment at the end of the incubation period. The start-ups pitch their businesses to an expected audience of 150 stakeholders, including investors.
Do you have what it takes? Successful start-up teams are expected to:
- Devote a significant amount of time to their start-up over the incubation period
- 1-2 days of commitment is required each week
- Work at our dedicated co-working spaces on campuses
- Utilise the mentoring and coaching available through the program
- Attend at least 80% of the workshops and events
For more information please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions page
Key Dates - 2019
|LTAP 2019 Applications||Open on the 20th of March, 2019. Applications close 3rd June, 11:55 pm.|
Late July to early August, occurring one week in Bendigo and one week in Melbourne.
Participants are expected to attend both weeks as the workshops are not repeated.
September 2019 until December 2019
Within the 12-week program will utilise our mentors to provide assistance. Each team has access to:
|Graduation 2019||Early 2020|
Previous graduation ceremonies have been held at ACMI at Federation Square in Melbourne. The graduation is an opportunity to pitch in front of an audience of 150+ people and present your product or prototype at a dedicated booth space. Any funding granted will also be given out at the graduation.
Stage 1 - Application
All applications are submitted online through this website. Applications open March 20, 2019.
Your application should outline:
- The La Trobe campus you are most closely associated with
- The challenge you are solving and its context
- The solution you’re providing and explaining why it is innovative
- Your progress to date
- Your team composition
- Any supporting documents or statements
Applications close 11:55pm June 3, 2019
Stage 2 - Primer
Successful applicants will be invited to participate in LTAP Primer, a 6-day intensive pre-accelerator program which includes workshops and access to coaches.
In 2019, the Primer will be hosted at our Bendigo and City campuses. Those who are unable to attend the face to face sessions in Bendigo and Melbourne, have the option to video conference in from any of the other campuses. Participation on all days of the Primer is mandatory.
Stage 3 - Pitching
After completing the Primer, each team will be required to submit a short video pitch about their startup. From this, a shortlist will be invited to interview with the La Trobe Accelerator selection board. Entry into the 12-week program will be based upon a multitude of factors including the video pitch, interview, and the performance and commitment during Primer.
Stage 4 - Program
The on-boarding process to participate in the 12-week La Trobe Accelerator Program will occur during the first week of the program. The on-boarding provides lots of information about the journey each team is about to partake in, and how best to utilise our resources and to fuel your growth. Although the main focus during the program will be on mentoring and the use of the support services, there will also be workshops, a panel review and partnered events to attend.