Launch your start-up
The La Trobe Accelerator Program provides students, researchers, alumni and Victorian communities the opportunity to accelerate the development of their start-up.
This program accelerates the development of start-ups over a 12-week period providing support, resources, funding, mentorship and connections to communities in Victoria. The La Trobe Accelerator Program will accept up to 12 start-ups in our Summer Cohort.
For more details Download our Information Brochure for 2018.
Our program structure is unique:
- We select the top founders from across all La Trobe campuses, and anyone who has previously been associated with La Trobe University
- Each team receives 1:1 coaching from mentors dedicated to individual teams
- Start-up teams can receive up to $20,000 funding (no equity taken)
- We have a strong program of investor preparation and can introduce you to venture capital firms
- Start-ups benefit from: Workshops, Coaching, Mentoring, Office Resources, Intellectual Property and Business advice from our program partners
- Graduation Ceremony - The La Trobe Accelerator Program concludes with a Graduation Ceremony; an exciting platform for our start-ups to gain recognition and potentially secure further investment at the end of the incubation period. The start-ups pitch their businesses to an expected audience of 150 stakeholders, including investors.
Successful start-up teams are expected to:
- Devote a significant amount of time to their start-up over the incubation period
- 1-2 days commitment required each week, till the program is in progress
- Work at our dedicated co-working spaces on campuses
- Utilise the mentoring and coaching available through the program
- Attend 80% of the workshops and regular events
For more information please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions page
|LTAP 2018 Applications||Open until 30th July 2018 (11:59pm AEST)|
August 13th - 30th running simultaneously in Bendigo and Bundoora
|LTAP 2018||17th September - 14th December 2018 (12 weeks, excluding breaks)|
Your application should outline:
- The campus you are most closely associated with and will work from
- The challenge you are solving and its context
- The solution you’re providing and explaining why it is innovative
- Your progress till date
- Your team composition
Successful applicants will be invited to participate in LTAP Primer, a 5-day intensive pre-accelerator program which includes workshops and coaching sessions.
In 2018, the Primer will be hosted at our Bendigo and Albury-Wodonga campuses. Those who are unable to attend the face to face sessions in Bendigo and Albury–Wodonga, can dial in from any of the other campuses. Participation on all days of the Primer is mandatory. (Note - All campuses will have a facilitator to aid the participants through the Primer.)
Teams will be invited to a pitch evening/interview with the La Trobe Accelerator Selection Board (5-min pitch and 10-min Q&A). Teams will be selected based on the results of the pitch and interview to participate in the 12-week La Trobe Accelerator Program.
Successful teams would be offered up to $20,000 of equity free funding at the end of the Primer. The on-boarding process to participate in the 12-week La Trobe Accelerator Program will occur over this time-period.