Launch your start-up
The La Trobe Accelerator Program provides students, researchers, alumni and Victorian communities the opportunity to accelerate the development of their start-up.
This program accelerates the development of start-ups over a 12-week period providing support, resources, funding, mentorship and connections to communities in Victoria. The La Trobe Accelerator Program will accept up to 12 start-ups in our Summer Cohort.
Our program structure is unique:
- We select the top founders from across all La Trobe campuses, and anyone who has previously associated with La Trobe University
- We take no equity in exchange for seed funding. We have a $100,000 non-equity seed fund (we don’t take a share of your business)
- Start-up teams can receive up to $20,000 to use while participating in the program
- We may invest at the end of the program period
- We have a strong program of investor preparation and can introduce you to venture capital firms
- Start-ups meet investors during their incubation period
- Start-ups benefit from: Workshops, Coaching, Mentoring, Office resources, Intellectual Property and related advice, Business advice from our Program Partners
For more information please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions page
The La Trobe Accelerator Program concludes with a Graduation Ceremony, an exciting platform for our start-ups to gain recognition and potentially secure further investment at the end of the incubation period. The start-ups will pitch their businesses to an expected audience of 150 stakeholders, including investors.
Successful start-up teams are expected to:
- Devote a significant amount of time to their start-up over the incubation period
- Work at our dedicated co-working spaces on campuses
- Utilise the mentoring and coaching available through the program
- Attend workshops and regular events
Your application should outline:
- The campus you are most closely associated with and will work from
- The problem you are solving and your solution
- The market, competitors, market size Australia and world wide
- Your progress to date
- Your team
- How you will go-to-market and what you will achieve in the 3-month program period
Successful applicants will be invited to participate in LTAP Primer, a pre-accelerator program which includes workshops (3-day intensive) and pop-in coaching sessions.
Teams will be invited to a pitch evening/interview with the La Trobe Accelerator Selection Board (5-min pitch and 10-min Q&A). Teams will be selected based on the results of the pitch and interview to participate in the 12-week La Trobe Accelerator Program.
The on-boarding process to participate in the 12-week La Trobe Accelerator Program will occur over this time-period.
The La Trobe Accelerator Program begins with a presentation day of all teams to mentors.