How to Use Lynda.com
About the Lynda.com Homepage
Lynda.com is an on-demand library of instructional videos covering the latest business, technology and creative skills. It provides personalized course recommendations and is designed to help you achieve your full potential. Your Lynda.com homepage provides four easy ways to get started and discover new skills.
- Recommendations: These populate and update as your interests change, driven by data from your search history and activity.
- Skills: Self-select and edit your skills and interests to discover relevant courses.
- Topics: Explore courses across a wide range of business, creative and technology skills.
- Search: Find courses based on skills, subjects, software and more.
You can also access your current courses by clicking History on your profile menu. Trying to decide if a course is right for you? Click the Overview tab on any course page to view full course description and related topics.
Making time for learning
With a busy career and life outside of work, it can be challenging to find time to pursue learning. To integrate learning into your life:
- Tie Lynda.com courses to your goals and career development plans.
- Block out calendar time for courses. It might be helpful to leave your desk to view content on your laptop or phone.
- Find opportunities for ‘just in time’ learning using two- to three-minute videos. For example, quickly learn how to create a pivot table in Microsoft Excel or how to initiate a difficult conversation.
- Take a time management course. This may help you find more time to accomplish your goals, as well as more time for learning.
If you require further guidance on how to use Lynda.com, try reading Lynda.coms usage guide [PDF 1.39MB].