Urban and Regional Studies
Urban and Regional research including local government planning, regional development, land use, demographic change, water use, agricultural land and production, peri urban development and social and economic change across regional Victoria.
Faculty Research Focus
- Regional Development
- Water use and policy
- Peri urban development
The College will consider any research topic that interests potential PhD students; however, students will benefit from researching in areas that align with the College’s strengths. Please contact us to discuss your PhD topic.
Alternatively you may contact one of our academics below to discuss your area of interest.
- Approaches to planning research and practice - Dr Andrew Butt
- Comparative history of sociology and social theory - Professor Peter Beilharz
- Food, health, planning and communities - Mr Trevor Budge AM
- Historical development of urban areas and settler societies - Mr Trevor Budge AM
- Land use planning and regional development - Dr Andrew Butt
- Planning theory and practice in regional and per-urban settings - Dr Andrew Butt
- Planning, demography and development of rural and regional Australia - Mr Trevor Budge AM
- Policy, Public Space, Diverse Populations - Dr Julie Rudner
- Regional development theory and techniques - Dr Andrew Butt
- Social theory - Professor Peter Beilharz
- The contribution of tourism and events to regional communities - Dr Jennifer Laing