Research in this area focuses on autobiography and biography, literature and film adaptation, science fiction, women's writing, popular fiction, English and American fiction.
Faculty Research Focus
The academic staff has ongoing research interests in:
- Ethnic autobiography and Australian Jewish biography
- Crime and science fiction
- Women's writing
- Literature and politics in the 1620s: Whisper'd Counsells. Professor Paul Salzman has provided supplementary material [docx 36KB] related to this study. The first section contains transcripts from original sources, and the second and third section contains suggestions for further reading.
- Cities of Words: Women's cultures of reading and writing in colonial Melbourne and beyond.
- Anglophone Caribbean (auto)biography, plantation slavery, and the traffic of colonial reform and modernisation 1807-1834
We will consider any research topic that interests potential PhD students; however, students will benefit from researching in areas that align with our strengths. Please contact us to discuss your PhD topic.
Content cannot be accessed