Interdisciplinary research on the languages of East and South East Asia and Papua New Guinea, Sino-Tibetan studies and Tibeto-Burman languages and sociocultural identity.
Faculty Research Focus
- Recording & analysis of Sino-Tibetan languages
- Research on the Papuan languages of East New Britain
- Research on languages of South east Asia
- The languages of Minahasa: description, documentation, and support.
- Meeting point: integrating Aboriginal and linguistics knowledge systems for description.
We will consider any research topic that interests potential PhD students; however, students will benefit from researching in areas that align with our strengths. Please contact us to discuss your PhD topic.
Content cannot be accessed