International Aid and Development
Non-governmental organisations programs of 'development' in Africa, Latin America and Asia aimed at relieving social problems such as poverty, disease, landlessness, inequality and illiteracy.
Faculty Research Focus
- International agencies, national identity, development
- Globalization & social policy in world development
The College will consider any research topic that interests potential PhD students; however, students will benefit from researching in areas that align with the College’s strengths. Please contact us to discuss your PhD topic.
Alternatively you may contact one of our academics below to discuss your area of interest.
- Dr Kayli Wild
- Dr Harry Fischer
- Anthropology and sociology of development - Professor Alberto Gomes
- Complexity, power and politics - Mr Christopher Roche
- Law and Development - Dr Raul Sanchez Urribarri
- Leadership, networks and coalitions - Mr Christopher Roche
- Monitoring, evaluation and impact assessment of development programs and processes - Mr Christopher Roche
- Poverty, gender relations and inequality - Mr Christopher Roche
- Role of civil society in social change - Mr Christopher Roche
- Role of international actors (aid agencies, NGOs, social movements) in supporting local process of social change - Mr Christopher Roche
- Social accountability and learning as a force for change - Mr Christopher Roche
- Sustainable Livelihoods - Dr Brooke Wilmsen