Includes research into Environmental metaphysics and epistemology, environmental ethics, the origins of environmental crisis, anthropocentrism, value and ethics, Daoism and the environment, intergenerational justice, ecological metaphysics and philosophies and the philosophy of sustainability.
Faculty Research Focus
- Environmental Philosophy
- Environmental Ethics
The College will consider any research topic that interests potential PhD students; however, students will benefit from researching in areas that align with the College’s strengths. Please contact us to discuss your PhD topic.
Alternatively you may contact one of our academics below to discuss your area of interest.
- Chinese environmental thought - Professor Freya Mathews
- Ecological civilisation - Professor Freya Mathews
- Ecological responsive pedagogy; Indigenous perspectives; educating for place responsiveness - Ms Genevieve Blades
- Ecophilosophies - Professor Freya Mathews
- Environmental debate - Dr Harry Oldmeadow
- Environmental education - Professor Freya Mathews
- Environmental ethics - Professor Freya Mathews
- Dr Greg Bognar
- Ethics and climate change - Dr Greg Bognar
- Indigenous philosophy - Professor Freya Mathews
- Panpsychism and environmental metaphysics - Professor Freya Mathews
- Population policy - Dr Greg Bognar
- Re-wilding and wildlife ethics - Professor Freya Mathews
- Religion and nature - Professor Freya Mathews