Australian Government and Politics
Deliberative democracy and political theory, environmental politics, liberalism, politics of race, Australia’s defence and foreign policies and the politicisation of history in Australia-Asia relations.
Faculty Research Focus
- Australian politics from the perspective of deliberative democracy
- Australian politics and society
- Australia's defence and foreign policies
- The Enigmatic Mr Deakin
- Unlocking Australia's Chinese archive: the political organisation and social experience of the Chinese Australian community, 1909-1939
- An international history of Australian democracy: the impact of Australian innovation overseas and of international human rights in Australia
- The global opponents of universal human rights, 1946-2006
We will consider any research topic that interests potential PhD students; however, students will benefit from researching in areas that align with our strengths. Please contact us to discuss your PhD topic.
Content cannot be accessed