This research explores the national history of culture, race, class, gender, heritage and the arts in Australia including colonial and post-colonial studies, Australian at war, feminism, the history of disabilities and Australian environmental history.
Faculty Research Focus
- Australian Environmental History
- Australian Colonial History
- Australian labour history
- The transnational history of the Chinese Nationalist Party.
- An international history of Australian democracy: the impact of Australian innovation overseas and of international human rights in Australia.
- Cultural landscapes of colonial water management in Victoria's Central Highlands.
- Unlocking Australia's Chinese archive: the political organisation and social experience of the Chinese Australian community, 1909-1939.
- Australian generations: life histories, generational change and Australian memory.
- Working Women on the Land.
We will consider any research topic that interests potential PhD students; however, students will benefit from researching in areas that align with our strengths. Please contact us to discuss your PhD topic.
Content cannot be accessed