Geofilter for La Trobe’s 50th Anniversary Competition 2017
Take part in our celebrations of La Trobe’s 50th Birthday by contributing a design for a Snapchat filter that will be launched at the Lawn Lunch on March 5 2017.
All you have to do is:
- Create a Snapchat geofilter design image (here’s a guide https://support.snapchat.com/en-US/a/geofilter-guidelines)
- Send it to us via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by adding it to a comment on our Facebook post
- We’ll pick a winner and they’ll receive a 50th Anniversary book, a limited edition La Trobe University t-shirt and a lovely ticket to the La Trobe Lawn Lunch (which includes food and a drink) on Sunday 05 March 2017!
- Then we’ll activate your geofilter during the Lawn Lunch and get the whole university snapping with your design!
Read below for the finer details.
La Trobe Create a Geofilter for La Trobe’s 50th Anniversary Competition 2017
Terms and Conditions
- La Trobe University (ABN 64 804 735 113) (“La Trobe”) is conducting a competition titled “Create a Geofilter for La Trobe’s 50th Anniversary Competition” (“Competition”).
- These terms and conditions apply to the Competition and by submitting your entry you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. Any entry that does not comply with these Terms may be deemed invalid and ineligible to win a prize.
- The Competition is open from 9.00am (AEST) Thursday 23 2017 to 5.00pm (AEST) Thursday 2 March 2017 (“Competition Period”). Any entry received after the expiry of the Competition Period will be deemed invalid. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost, delayed or misdirected entries.
- The Competition is open to any currently enrolled La Trobe University student.
- Entrants must submit a La Trobe University 50th Anniversary-themed geofilter design for Snapchat by email or by posting their geofilter design image in a comment responding to the La Trobe Facebook post advertising the Competition. The image must:
- be tailored to La Trobe’s Academic Lawn and/or Simpson lawn area; and
- comply with Snapchat’s geofilter design guidelines, which can be found here: https://support.snapchat.com/en-US/a/geofilter-guidelines
- Entry into the Competition is free. Entrants may enter the Competition multiple times but no more than once per day during the Competition Period.
- Entrants less than 18 years old must obtain the consent of a parent or guardian to enter.
- Any posts, photos or images deemed by La Trobe to be inappropriate or offensive will be ineligible to win a prize and excluded from the Competition.
- By submitting an entry, each entrant warrants to La Trobe that:
(a) if below 18 years of age, they have the permission of their parent or guardian to enter the Competition;
(b) the entrant owns or has the right to submit their entry for this Competition;
(c) their entry, and La Trobe’s use of their entry, will not:
- infringe any person’s copyright or other intellectual property rights;
- infringe any person’s privacy rights or any applicable privacy laws; or
- breach any other laws.
(b) the entrant grants to La Trobe a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free license to use, reproduce, publish, adapt, and communicate the geofilter design including a right to sublicense it to other parties, in any format for the purpose of the Competition and for La Trobe’s marketing and promotional purposes.
- La Trobe will judge all valid entries received within the Competition Period and select a winner based on the most creative entry which demonstrates a connection to La Trobe’s 50th anniversary and longevity (“Prize Winner”). This Competition is not a game of chance and chance plays no part in determining the Prize Winner.
- La Trobe will select one entry at the end of the Competition Period to win a prize. The Prize consists of:
- 1 La Trobe University 50th Anniversary book ‘From the Paddock to the Agora’ (valued at $20);
- 1 limited edition La Trobe University t-shirt (valued at $20); and
- 1 ticket to the La Trobe Lawn Lunch on Sunday 05 March 2017 (valued at $10)
- The Prize Winner will be selected by 1.00pm on Thursday 04 March 2017 and will be notified by 2.00pm on Thursday 04 March via a reply on Facebook.
- Promptly after receiving notification of winning the Competition, the Prize Winner must send La Trobe a copy of their geofilter design in the correct file type, file size and formatting required by Snapchat Guidelines: (https://support.snapchat.com/en-US/a/geofilter-guidelines). By sending La Trobe the geofilter design, the Prize Winner:
- absolutely and irrevocably assigns to La Trobe all copyright and intellectual property rights they may have in their geofilter design; and
- consents to La Trobe submitting the geofilter design to Snapchat for approval as a Community geofilter;
- consents to the geofilter design being used by La Trobe throughout 2017 to promote La Trobe’s 50th anniversary and for La Trobe’s general marketing and promotional purposes, whether through Snapchat or other media.
- The decision of La Trobe regarding the Prize Winner is final and will be binding on each entrant. No correspondence or communications will be entered into. If after reasonable efforts a Prize Winner cannot be contacted, is unable or unwilling to comply with clause 13, cannot accept a prize or is deemed to be ineligible to enter the Competition, La Trobe reserves the right to select a different Prize Winner.
- If any event prevents or hinders the Competition or La Trobe’s ability to deliver a prize, La Trobe may in its absolute discretion cancel the Competition, select another Prize Winner or provide a similar prize of equivalent value.
- La Trobe may refuse to award a prize, or seek its recovery, in the event of the relevant entrant’s fraud, dishonesty, or non-entitlement under, or breach of, these Terms. In the event of a dispute concerning the identity of the person who submits an entry, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the social media account on which the entry is posted.
- Each entrant consents to La Trobe using any personal information supplied or connected with their entry available on its public website or on other La Trobe social media sites, or in publications for the purposes of the Competition and for La Trobe’s marketing and promotional purposes.
Disclaimer and liability
- La Trobe accepts no responsibility for invalid, misdirected, lost or delayed entries, any incorrect or inaccurate information, any equipment or technical error, or for any defect in, theft, destruction, unauthorised access to or alteration of any entry.
- To the extent permitted by law, La Trobe will not be liable for any injury, damages, expenses, or loss whatsoever (whether direct or indirect) to persons or property as a result of any person entering the Competition or accepting or using any prize, including without limitation non-receipt of any prize.
- To the extent permitted by law, all warranties in respect of the prize, whether express, implied, statutory or otherwise, are excluded. To the extent such warranties cannot be excluded by law but liability can lawfully be limited, liability is limited at La Trobe’s option to replacing the prize or the cost of replacing the prize or acquiring an equivalent item.
- The Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, La Trobe’s social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat, and any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Competition should be directed to La Trobe.
- Each entrant releases Facebook and Snapchat from any and all liability for any loss, damage or injury arising out of or in relation to the Competition.
- This competition is conducted under, and must be construed by, the laws of the state of Victoria and the laws of Victoria govern the terms and conditions of this Competition.
Judging and Prizes