Zoom talk: Taking Moholy-Nagy's lead
Contemporary artist Danica Chappell will reveal how her studio practice extends the experiments of Bauhaus artists
- Wednesday 24 March 2021 06:00 pm until Wednesday 24 March 2021 07:00 pm (Add to calendar)
- La Trobe Art Institute
5444 7272; email@example.com
- Presented by:
- La Trobe Art Institue
- Type of Event:
- Current Student: Undergraduate; Current Student: Postgraduate; Community Event; Exhibition; Public Lecture
- no charge
Starting with a look at some of Lazlo Moholy-Nagy’s light experiments on film, Danica Chappell will chat with La Trobe Art Institute’s Karen Annett-Thomas about the influence that this ground-breaking Bauhaus artist has had on Chappell’s own practice.
A major new series of works by Danica Chappell is currently presented across both gallery spaces at La Trobe Art Institute, Bendigo. The exhibition Far From the Eye was informed by an exchange with chemical biologist Dr Donna Whelan [link: https://scholars.latrobe.edu.au/display/dwhelan] from La Trobe University’s Institute of Molecular Science (LIMS), and forms part of our Collaboratory series exploring collaboration in contemporary art practice.
The exhibition is part of the PHOTO 2021 International Festival of Photography. https://photo.org.au/
Image: Danica Chappell Far From the Eye (Fingertip glance #5) 2020–21 and Far From the Eye (Resonance in between #4) 2020–21.
Installation view, La Trobe Art Institute, 2021. Photos: Ian Hill
La Trobe Art Institute
121 View Street, Bendigo
Other events by type
- Study in Australia Digital Expo - 03 August 2021
3rd Aug 2021 3:30pm
- La Trobe Aspire Early Admissions: Applications 101
3rd Aug 2021 5:00pm
- Study in Australia Digital Expo - 04 August 2021
4th Aug 2021 3:30pm
- Is Asia Heading for War?
4th Aug 2021 5:30pm
- Study in Australia Digital Expo - 05 August 2021
5th Aug 2021 3:30pm