Working with families where there is serious mental illness - A free webinar
This 2-hour webinar (a pre-recorded presentation followed by a live Q&A session) introduces the structure of Bouverie's "Family Inclusive Practice Pyramid". Further explore the spectrum of attitudes, practices and interventions that together support high quality mental health care, positive family involvement and good client outcomes.
- Monday 13 September 2021 10:00 am until Monday 13 September 2021 12:00 pm (Add to calendar)
- (03) 8481 4800
- Presented by:
- Hanna Jewell & Nick Barrington
- Type of Event:
- Seminar/Workshop/Training; Public
In this 2-hour webinar, you will meet Hanna Jewell and Nick Barrington, from The Bouverie Centre's Mental Health Program, as they introduce a pre-recorded presentation as well as a live Q&A session. They will introduce you to concepts and practicalities of working with families where someone in the family has experienced or is experiencing serious mental ill-health or illness.
Through the structure of Bouverie's "Family Inclusive Practice Pyramid", you will be introduced to a spectrum of attitudes, practices and interventions that together support high quality mental health care, positive family involvement and good client outcomes. From the foundation of Family Sensitive Practice, through the effective engagement of families in Single Session Family Consultation, to the central qualities of integrated family therapy practice, you will journey across this spectrum of family involvement. We hope for this to be an engaging expedition that leaves you feeling more confident in working with families in your own practice.
On completion of this Webinar, you will:
- Have an understanding of the "Family Inclusive Pyramid" and how this can bring together a spectrum of practices that support good mental health care
- Be familiar with Family Sensitive Practice and its core competencies
- Have received an introduction to Single Session Family Consultation, leading to some ideas about how to more effectively run family meetings
- Understand the central qualities of family therapy and systemic practice, begin considering how this already exists in your current practice and can support your ongoing work with families in your care
What you can expect:
- Engaging presenters
- Informative presentations
- Short reflective exercises
- Opportunities for Q&A
Other events by type
- Practice Seminar
20th Sep 2021 1:00pm
- Getting Online Exams Right
21st Sep 2021 1:00pm
- The Tragedy of Afghanistan: What Can We Do Now?
22nd Sep 2021 5:00pm
- LMS Gradebook Setup
23rd Sep 2021 1:00pm
- 'India in Focus' - Sport for Development: Opportunities and Challenges
23rd Sep 2021 2:00pm