Webinar: Breakfast at Noon - Jan Vydra, Executive Director at Fresh Leaf Farms Limited
In a time of uncertainty, learning to adapt to change and being innovative is the key to success. In this monthly series, we invite you to join a conversation with those who are ensuring learning to adapt and continue to grow is of a top priority especially during a time of the unknown. Breakfast at Noon is an informal way get into the minds of entrepreneurs and change-makers and learn how being creative, innovative and an opportunist can help you succeed.
- Tuesday 14 July 2020 12:00 pm until Tuesday 14 July 2020 01:00 pm (Add to calendar)
- Lauren Giusti - Program and Events Coordinator, La Trobe Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Presented by:
- Marcus Powe and Jaxon Hickey
- Type of Event:
Jan Vydra, Executive Director - Fresh Leaf Farms Limited
Jan Vydra founded Fresh Leaf Farms, a leading Australian herb grower and distributor, in 2008 with his partner William Pham. Their keen interest in implementing innovation into a business saw change brought to a typically traditional industry.
Prior to Australian Fresh Farms, Jan was Chief Operating Officer at Yarra Valley Farms where he also brought in changes that had a positive impact on the business.
Using his business acumen and entrepreneurial skills, Jan successfully learnt the farming techniques required and developed a new supply chain process which has benefited all stakeholders involved including other growers around Australia and major retailers.
Marcus founded EIC Growth Pty Ltd to assist CEO's and leaders implement, embed and measure creativity and innovation systems that result in enterprising behaviours.
He specialises in the growth of for profit and not for profit organisations that operate in the turbulence of national and international market places.
Marcus has twice been awarded by the Business and Higher Education Round table as Australia's Best Entrepreneurial Educator and for sustained excellence in collaboration between business and universities in Australia.
At the end of each event, you will be hearing from Jaxon Hickey who will provide 'The Jaxon 5', the top 5 takeaways and tips from the conversation.
Jaxon Hickey has been involved in and led entrepreneurship activities as a founder, educator and director across large global markets.
In his current position as Director of Global Strategy and International Operations, he leads the International expansion of a New Zealand based software company into the North American markets.
He also educates entrepreneurship and innovation across two leading Universities in Sydney and Melbourne.
La Trobe University, Melbourne Campus
Other events by type
- Webinar: Breakfast at Noon - Joanna Yan, Entrepreneur, Venture Capitalist and Investment Analyst
11th Aug 2020 12:00pm
- Webinar: Global Markets Accelerator - Expanding into Europe and Asia (imec.istart, Belgium)
11th Aug 2020 4:00pm
- Living with Disability Research Centre Research Seminar Series
12th Aug 2020 3:00pm
- Event cancelled - Infrastructures of Care: Attending to ‘glitches’ in the provision of social support
19th Aug 2020 4:00pm
- Webinar: Global Markets Accelerator - Expanding into Europe and Asia (Innovation Factory, Indonesia)
19th Aug 2020 4:00pm