Online event: Using Camtasia to record and edit video
Learn the basics of how to record your screen and edit externally recorded video content.
- Thursday 19 November 2020 01:00 pm until Thursday 19 November 2020 02:00 pm (Add to calendar)
- Education Services
- Presented by:
- Kenneth Neven
- Type of Event:
When words and images are unable to convey the depth and complexity of a concept to your students, a brief video may be exactly what is needed.
Camtasia is a mature, full-featured educational video tool that can be used to record PowerPoint presentations, web and software tours directly from your screen. Video from your phone or camcorder can also be imported along with images and audio clips from external sources.
In this session, you will learn the basics of how to record your screen and edit externally recorded video content. You will also learn how to:
- Start a new project using the La Trobe template
- Import media (video, images, music)
- Perform basic video editing techniques (cuts and transitions)
- Add text on screen, voice narration or captions
- Export your video and embed it in your subject on the LMS
The training will also include suggestions and examples of video design you may consider incorporating into your own teaching practice.
La Trobe University Bundoora