Using Camtasia to record and edit video (Bundoora)
Learn the basics of how to record your screen and edit externally recorded video content.
- Wednesday 26 February 2020 12:30 pm until Wednesday 26 February 2020 01:30 pm (Add to calendar)
- Presented by:
- Kenneth Neven & Mungo Jones
- Type of Event:
When words and images are unable to convey the depth and complexity of a concept to your students, a brief video may be exactly what is needed.
Camtasia is a mature, full-featured educational video tool that can be used to record PowerPoint presentations, web and software tours directly from your screen. Video from your phone or camcorder can also be imported along with images and audio clips from external sources.
In this session, you will learn the basics of how to record your screen and edit externally recorded video content. You will also learn how to:
- Start a new project using the La Trobe template
- Import media (video, images, music)
- Perform basic video editing techniques (cuts and transitions)
- Add text on screen, voice narration or captions
- Export your video and embed it in your subject on the LMS
The training will also include suggestions and examples of video design you may consider incorporating into your own teaching practice.
Date And Time
Education 2 Building - Room 107, La Trobe Melbourne (Bundoora) campus
ED2 - 107
La Trobe University Bundoora
Other events by type
- Online event: Bendigo Invention and Innovation Festival 2020
31st Aug 2020
- Relaxation & Meditation Sessions
3rd Sep 2020 1:30pm
- Facilitating learning and teaching activities online using ZOOM
8th Sep 2020 1:00pm
- Learning and Teaching with Microsoft Teams
15th Sep 2020 1:00pm
- Online event: Using Camtasia to record and edit video
16th Sep 2020 12:00pm