Troubleshooting mixed-mode delivery
This session will look at some of the challenges that arise in mixed-mode deliveries and how to solve them.
- Wednesday 21 April 2021 11:00 am until Wednesday 21 April 2021 12:00 pm (Add to calendar)
- Education Services
- Presented by:
- Kenneth Neven, Debbie Hall & Karin Moses
- Type of Event:
Troubleshooting is a form of problem-solving and involves a search for the source of a problem in order to solve it. This workshop will enable us to share some of the challenges that arise in Mixed Mode Delivery when face-to-face classes are shared with online participants and develop our troubleshooting skills. You will be able to bring your own experiences, questions and concerns to the workshop – both technological and pedagogic.
Our Educational Developers and Tel Design and Support staff will provide some elegant solutions and encourage you to develop your own problem-solving skills.
This workshop will centre on your needs, whether they be around:
- Using LMS as a place to organise and support learning for mixed cohorts
- Setting up and planning for synchronous sessions,
- Configuring and using Zoom sessions
- Determining the best use of shared and collaborative spaces
- Encouraging interaction in mixed-mode sites
- Mixed-mode assessment and feedback
- Assessment design in the LMS to communicate clear intentions, drive engagement, facilitate smooth transitioning/interaction between modes, and promote learning;
- Using LMS tools for managing different assessment methods and feedback
- You will be asked to respond with your own questions and concerns upon registration for the workshop.
- Please note this session is only available for La Trobe University staff members.
- This session may be recorded for promotion and/or quality assurance purposes. Recorded sessions will be made available on the Education Services intranet page.
Other events by type
- LMS design for effective mixed mode learning
2nd Aug 2021 11:00am
- Mental Health Basics Training Part 1 - Staff and students
2nd Aug 2021 9:00am
- Is Asia Heading for War?
4th Aug 2021 5:30pm
- Vice-Chancellor’s Teaching Awards
4th Aug 2021 10:00am
- Student Polling
5th Aug 2021 12:30pm