Troubleshooting mixed-mode delivery
This session will look at some of the challenges that arise in mixed-mode deliveries and how to solve them.
- Wednesday 21 April 2021 11:00 am until Wednesday 21 April 2021 12:00 pm (Add to calendar)
- Education Services
- Presented by:
- Kenneth Neven, Debbie Hall & Karin Moses
- Type of Event:
Troubleshooting is a form of problem-solving and involves a search for the source of a problem in order to solve it. This workshop will enable us to share some of the challenges that arise in Mixed Mode Delivery when face-to-face classes are shared with online participants and develop our troubleshooting skills. You will be able to bring your own experiences, questions and concerns to the workshop – both technological and pedagogic.
Our Educational Developers and Tel Design and Support staff will provide some elegant solutions and encourage you to develop your own problem-solving skills.
This workshop will centre on your needs, whether they be around:
- Using LMS as a place to organise and support learning for mixed cohorts
- Setting up and planning for synchronous sessions,
- Configuring and using Zoom sessions
- Determining the best use of shared and collaborative spaces
- Encouraging interaction in mixed-mode sites
- Mixed-mode assessment and feedback
- Assessment design in the LMS to communicate clear intentions, drive engagement, facilitate smooth transitioning/interaction between modes, and promote learning;
- Using LMS tools for managing different assessment methods and feedback
- You will be asked to respond with your own questions and concerns upon registration for the workshop.
- Please note this session is only available for La Trobe University staff members.
- This session may be recorded for promotion and/or quality assurance purposes. Recorded sessions will be made available on the Education Services intranet page.
Other events by type
- Regional Perspectives on the Free and Open Indo-Pacific: Emerging Leaders Program
30th Sep 2021 9:00am
- Spatio-temporal joint species distribution modeling – A community-level basis function approach
21st Oct 2021 12:00pm
- Groupwork and Group Assessment
26th Oct 2021 12:00pm
- Configuring LMS Group Assignments
27th Oct 2021 12:00pm
- Single Session Thinking in Practice (November)
3rd Nov 2021 1:00pm