Find out more about the way in which students experience the first year and what you can do to improve their chances of succeeding at Uni.
- Tuesday 20 April 2021 03:30 pm until Tuesday 20 April 2021 04:30 pm (Add to calendar)
- Education Services
- Presented by:
- Karin Moses & The Learning Hub
- Type of Event:
How do we provide academic support for the diverse range of first-year students in our subjects and courses? What language and learning needs do they have?
Join us in this workshop to find out more about the way in which students experience the first year and what you can do to improve their chances of remaining and succeeding at University. Learn how the design and delivery of a subject can hinder or enhance the learning opportunities of your transitioning students.
Taking part in this workshop will enable you to:
- identify the needs of your first-year cohort
- evaluate the provision of language and learning support that you currently offer
- increase the range of scaffolded learning opportunities that you can embed in your subject
- Please note this session is only available for La Trobe University staff members.
- This session may be recorded for promotion and/or quality assurance purposes. Recorded sessions will be made available on the Education Services intranet page.
Other events by type
- Regional Perspectives on the Free and Open Indo-Pacific: Emerging Leaders Program
30th Sep 2021 9:00am
- Spatio-temporal joint species distribution modeling – A community-level basis function approach
21st Oct 2021 12:00pm
- Groupwork and Group Assessment
26th Oct 2021 12:00pm
- Configuring LMS Group Assignments
27th Oct 2021 12:00pm
- Single Session Thinking in Practice (November)
3rd Nov 2021 1:00pm