Find out more about the way in which students experience the first year and what you can do to improve their chances of succeeding at Uni.
- Tuesday 20 April 2021 03:30 pm until Tuesday 20 April 2021 04:30 pm (Add to calendar)
- Education Services
- Presented by:
- Karin Moses & The Learning Hub
- Type of Event:
How do we provide academic support for the diverse range of first-year students in our subjects and courses? What language and learning needs do they have?
Join us in this workshop to find out more about the way in which students experience the first year and what you can do to improve their chances of remaining and succeeding at University. Learn how the design and delivery of a subject can hinder or enhance the learning opportunities of your transitioning students.
Taking part in this workshop will enable you to:
- identify the needs of your first-year cohort
- evaluate the provision of language and learning support that you currently offer
- increase the range of scaffolded learning opportunities that you can embed in your subject
- Please note this session is only available for La Trobe University staff members.
- This session may be recorded for promotion and/or quality assurance purposes. Recorded sessions will be made available on the Education Services intranet page.
Other events by type
- LMS design for effective mixed mode learning
2nd Aug 2021 11:00am
- Mental Health Basics Training Part 1 - Staff and students
2nd Aug 2021 9:00am
- Is Asia Heading for War?
4th Aug 2021 5:30pm
- Vice-Chancellor’s Teaching Awards
4th Aug 2021 10:00am
- Student Polling
5th Aug 2021 12:30pm