Online event: The role of occupational therapists in community recovery from COVID-19
Recovering from this pandemic will require health, wellbeing and social interventions. Find out how occupational therapists can help.
- Thursday 10 September 2020 05:30 pm until Thursday 10 September 2020 06:30 pm (Add to calendar)
- Future Students Centre
1300 135 045
- Presented by:
- Dr Nerida Hyett, Siann Bowman and Associate Professor Carol McKinstry.
- Type of Event:
- Future Student Information
The COVID-19 pandemic has weighed heavily on communities, impacting physical and mental health as well as social and economic wellbeing.
As individuals and communities begin the journey towards recovery, they’ll need the support of specialised health, wellbeing and social interventions. That’s where occupational therapists come in.
Occupational therapists are allied health professionals who work with individuals, communities and populations to restore health and wellbeing. With their expert knowledge and skills, occupational therapists will have a vital role to play during the recovery process from COVID-19.
At this webinar, we will discuss occupational therapists’ specialist expertise and the impact they can have in the areas of rural health, mental health, and global health.
As an occupational therapist, you'll help people maximise their abilities and reach their full potential. La Trobe's Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (Honours) provides you with the clinical knowledge, professional skills and industry connections you need to launch your career.
Other events by type
- StudyCo (Bangladesh) Staff Briefing and Student Interview Session
25th Feb 2021 4:00pm
- La Trobe Sport - Introduction to Sport at La Trobe
25th Feb 2021 12:00pm
- La Trobe Sport - Sport Clubs 101
25th Feb 2021 1:00pm
- IDP Vizag Staff Briefing and Student Interview Session
25th Feb 2021 6:00pm
- La Trobe Sport - Experience Sport at La Trobe (Health & Fitness, La Trobe League, Representative Sport and Facilities)
25th Feb 2021 12:30pm