The Next Generation of Business
Appreciate the opportunities presented through disruption
- Thursday 12 December 2019 06:30 pm (Add to calendar)
- Future Students Centre
1300 134 045
- Presented by:
- Stuart Black
- Type of Event:
Disruption, evolution or extinction of services or societal norms isn’t a new thing. We’ve been displacing professions for centuries - think the blacksmith or the milk man.
In this one-hour workshop, we’ll draw on questions that have emerged from British theorist, Richard Susskind recent work called “outcome thinking”.
- Disruption isn’t a new thing, innovation is a fundamental part of our economic system
- Disruption isn’t just digital technologies – it’s contemporary changes in existing business, business model and practices
- Technology’s role in enhancing or renewing business models
- New management techniques emerging from the tech sector.
The webinar is hosted on Zoom. You’ll receive the webinar link via email shortly after registration.
About the Presenter
Stuart Black has been a Professor of Practice with La Trobe Business School since 2015. He came to La Trobe with significant industry experience and plays a key role in facilitating links between La Trobe and industry.
Stuart with other like-minded academics has brought the concept of disruption to La Trobe courses. Using his strong industry connections, Stuart has created engaging subjects that involve industry professionals discussing disruption.
Before teaching, Stuart worked as a senior partner for Deloitte. He drove the “analytics inside” agenda and worked in areas like analytics-enabled innovation. Prior to Deloitte, Stuart worked at National Australia Bank, A.T. Kearny and Andersen Consulting.
Other events by type
- HIV and Hepatitis Pre and Post Test Discussion - A short course for infection prevention and control practitioners
25th Feb 2020 9:00am
- Developing algorithmic multiple-choice questions
10th Dec 2020 2:00pm