The Death of Caesar
Join us for a live recording of the 100th episode of the Emperors of Rome podcast
- Thursday 02 August 2018 06:00 pm until Thursday 02 August 2018 07:30 pm (Add to calendar)
- Matt Smith
- Presented by:
- Dr Rhiannon Evans, Dr Gillian Shepherd, Matt Smith
- Type of Event:
- Current Student: Undergraduate; Current Student: Postgraduate; Public Lecture; Public
Surely the ultimate Roman ‘A’ lister, Caesar was an extraordinary figure of contrasts: a military genius, an imperialist responsible for the death of millions, an aristocrat, yet a charismatic man of the people, and (ultimately) an assassinated dictator, hated by the senate.
Caesar is associated with so many famous phrases: ‘beware the Ides of March’, ‘Crossing the Rubicon’, ‘veni, vidi, vici’, ‘the die is cast’ and et tu, Brute (he never said it!).
In this live podcast recording of the 100th episode of Emperors of Rome podcast, Rhiannon Evans and Matt Smith will look at the moments which propelled Caesar to his death, from the moment he did cross the Rubicon to that fateful date with destiny on 15th March, 44 BCE.
Also joining us on stage will be Dr Gillian Shepherd for a discussion about the Augustan monument the Ara Pacis.
Proudly brought to you by the School of Humanities and Social Sciences, La Trobe University.
Wheeler Centre, 176 Little Lonsdale St, Melbourne
Other events by type
- Australian Print Triennial - Mungo Exhibition
17th Jan 2019 10:00am
- Centre for Freshwater Ecosystems Launch
20th Feb 2019 3:00pm
- Twilight Tour of La Trobe Wildlife Sanctuary
25th Feb 2019 8:30pm
- La Trobe University Orientation 2019, Melbourne Campus
25th Feb 2019
- Orientation 2019, La Trobe University Bendigo Campus
25th Feb 2019