Online event: The benefits of a bilingual brain
Take a virtual journey to Japan. From kimonos to cosplay, we look into Japanese culture and the role of costumes and uniforms.
- Thursday 24 September 2020 05:30 pm until Thursday 24 September 2020 06:30 pm (Add to calendar)
- Future Students Centre
1300 135 045
- Presented by:
- Dr Emerald King
- Type of Event:
- Future Student Information
Have you ever dreamed about learning a new language? In this webinar, Dr Emerald King will share her research into Japanese culture and highlight the vast benefits of being bilingual.
Learn how you can build a more diverse career, expand your horizons and improve your mental capabilities – all through learning a language!
You can study the Diploma of Languages alongside any La Trobe degree and become fluent in Chinese, French, Greek, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese or Spanish. Or, if you’d like to dive deeper into a new culture, you can study our Bachelor of Languages and Linguistics. You'll learn how to analyse language, including its structure and use, and learn about the social significance of language and culture.
La Trobe University Bundoora
Other events by type
- StudyCo (Bangladesh) Staff Briefing and Student Interview Session
25th Feb 2021 4:00pm
- La Trobe Sport - Introduction to Sport at La Trobe
25th Feb 2021 12:00pm
- La Trobe Sport - Sport Clubs 101
25th Feb 2021 1:00pm
- IDP Vizag Staff Briefing and Student Interview Session
25th Feb 2021 6:00pm
- La Trobe Sport - Experience Sport at La Trobe (Health & Fitness, La Trobe League, Representative Sport and Facilities)
25th Feb 2021 12:30pm