Teaching online with Zoom
This session will cover the main features of ZOOM used in learning and teaching - polls, breakout rooms, whiteboards screen share.
- Tuesday 27 July 2021 11:00 am until Tuesday 27 July 2021 12:00 pm (Add to calendar)
- Education Services
- Presented by:
- Kenneth Neven & Mungo Jones
- Type of Event:
In this online training session, you will learn how to plan and facilitate synchronous learning and teaching activities using ZOOM. More specifically, you'll be taught how to apply some of the activities that would normally take place in a face-to-face teaching episode to the real-time web conferencing environment, including:
- Preparing and disseminating polls in real-time
- Setting up small group activities using online break out rooms
- Sharing onscreen content and video
- Annotating on-screen images and other multimedia
- Using the virtual whiteboard to help explain difficult concepts.
- Using ZOOM's new security features to keep uninvited guests out of your session.
This online training session will also include suggestions and examples of teaching and learning activities you may consider incorporating into your own teaching practice.
As a minimum requirement, you will need access to a computer with speakers and a microphone to be able to successfully participate in this session.
- Please note this session is only available for La Trobe University staff members.
- This session may be recorded for promotion and/or quality assurance purposes. Recorded sessions will be made available on the Education Services intranet page.
- A link to join the webinar will be provided by email reminder once your online registration has been completed.
Other events by type
- Regional Perspectives on the Free and Open Indo-Pacific: Emerging Leaders Program
30th Sep 2021 9:00am
- Groupwork and Group Assessment
26th Oct 2021 12:00pm
- Configuring LMS Group Assignments
27th Oct 2021 12:00pm
- Caring for women in labour
3rd Nov 2021 12:30pm
- Single Session Thinking in Practice (November)
3rd Nov 2021 1:00pm