Stress Less Sesh
Are you struggling with increased stress levels from university life? This R U OK? Day come along to find out how and why stress and anxiety develops and learn some coping mechanisms help you control them.
- Thursday 10 September 2020 04:00 pm until Thursday 10 September 2020 04:30 pm (Add to calendar)
- Lindsay McIntyre and Jonathan Ong
- Presented by:
- Lindsay McIntyre, Jonathan Ong, Elizabeth Naguib, Rawaa Al Musawi, Chitrada Patel in collaboration with Janine Stewart from La Trobe Student Wellbeing
- Type of Event:
- Community Event; Health/wellbeing/lifestyle; Seminar/Workshop/Training
- FREE for La Trobe students
For R U OK? Day this year, come along to our workshop to hear from Janine, a counsellor in La Trobe Student Health and Wellbeing.
You have the opportunity to learn more about HOW and WHY stress develops and explore some key coping mechanisms to break free from stress!
This session will provide a better insight about the meaning of stress and the impacts which stress can have on you mentally, physically and spiritually.
The aim of our workshop is to improve students' mental health and wellbeing by decreasing their stress levels. This will be done by increasing awareness of the great resources available through La Trobe and hearing from a member of the health and wellbeing staff. Alongside this, attendees will also have the opportunity to take part in a free meditation session!
Janine will help you take a deep breath and provide tips on self-care to ultimately reduce your stress levels while you’re in the comfort of your own bedroom through Zoom!
La Trobe University