Statistics and Stochastic colloquium
Localization in Strongly Reinforced Random Walks, Thursday 6 April
- Thursday 06 April 2023 05:00 pm until Thursday 06 April 2023 06:00 pm (Add to calendar)
- Andriy Olenko
- Presented by:
- Andrea Collevecchio (Monash University, Commonwealth of Australia): Localization in Strongly Reinforced Random Walks
- Type of Event:
You are welcome to attend the following Statistics and Stochastic colloquium (part of the Colloquium Series of the Department of Mathematics and Statistics) at La Trobe University jointly organised with the PVSeminar (please note the unusual time).
We discuss Strongly Reinforced Random Walks. In particular we focus on new results on the localization of nonlinear Vertex-Reinforced Jump Processes (VRJPs). This is a class of continuous time processes which prefer to visit vertices that accumulated larger local time in the past. VRJP is connected to the Supersymmetric Sigma-Model studied in Mathematical Physics. This talk is based on joint works with Minh Nguyen and Stas Volkov.
Zoom meeting link:
(if the above link doesn't work when you click it -- please copy & paste it into the address bar in your browser).
A PDF file with the talk slides (if any) might become available for downloading from our seminar Webpage at https://probvic.wordpress.com/pvseminar/ prior to the talk (the above Zoom link is already there).
Zoom meeting, see details below
Other events by type
- 'Asian Studies in Focus' Seminar Series - Ma Yifu and His Understanding of Confucianism
1 June 2023 2:00 pm
- Children's health and wellbeing in the car era
7 June 2023 12:30 pm
- The Politics of Indian History
8 June 2023 2:00 pm
- LiDs Online Seminar 14 June
14 June 2023 3:00 pm
- Queering Survival: Reconceptualising healing beyond heteronormative and cisnormative frames
14 June 2023 4:00 pm