Statistics and Mathematics colloquium: Stochastic flows in infinite dimensions
You are welcome to attend the following joint Statistics and Mathematics colloquium (part of the Colloquium Series of the Department of Mathematical and Physical Sciences) at La Trobe University organised together with the PVSeminar
- Thursday 25 May 2023 05:00 pm until Thursday 25 May 2023 06:00 pm (Add to calendar)
- Andriy Olenko
- Presented by:
- Professor Ben Goldys
- Type of Event:
Stochastic flows associated with finite dimensional SDEs and random dynamical systems are an important tool for the study of large time behaviour of solutions and for their pathwise analysis.
The existence of (smooth) stochastic flows in finite dimensions is well understood, see for example books by Kunita.
The famous Skorokhod example shows that the situation is completely different in infinite dimensions (hence for stochastic PDEs).
The existence of the flow for infinite dimensional stochastic systems is known in some special cases but is little understood.
We will present new results on the existence of the flows in infinite dimensions.
We will also present applications to the existence theory of stochastic PDEs and to the question of regularity of transition semigroups.
Other events by type
- Living with Disability Research Centre Online Seminar
11 Aug 2023 3:00 pm
- Ideas & Society Program: Disability and Australian Society: How Well Are We Doing?
5 Oct 2023 5:00 pm
- Out In Suburbia: The Untold Story of LGBTIQ+ People in Australia's Outer Suburbs
6 Oct 2023 9:30 am
- Reflections on the Voice to Parliament referendum - What are we going through?
6 Oct 2023 1:00 pm
- John Richards Centre 2023 Oration (Hybrid event)
25 Oct 2023 5:15 pm