Stability and change in household composition and the health of Australian Indigenous children and mothers
A Judith Lumley Centre lunchtime seminar with Professor Belinda Hewitt
- Wednesday 07 August 2019 12:30 pm until Wednesday 07 August 2019 01:30 pm (Add to calendar)
- Judith Lumley Centre
- Presented by:
- Professor Belinda Hewitt
- Type of Event:
Evidence from the Longitudinal Study of Indigenous Children (LSIC)
Belinda Hewitt is a Professor of Sociology in the School of Social and Political Sciences at the University of Melbourne. She is the lead investigator on a linkage project titled Improving Indigenous health and wellbeing over the family life course in collaboration with the National Centre for Longitudinal Data, Department of Social Services. The project proposes to identify the family structures and life course transitions of Indigenous mothers and children that adversely impact their health and wellbeing.
In this lunch time seminar Belinda will discuss the LSIC data and present some of the findings that are emerging from the study.
Time and venue
7 August 2019
12:30 - 1:30 pm
Judith Lumley Centre, School of Nursing and Midwifery, La Trobe University
Bundoora Campus, George Singer Building: level 3, room 335
Zoom: https://latrobe.zoom.us/j/448620007 [external link]
The Judith Lumley Centre holds open lunchtime seminars on the first Wednesday of every month from February to December from 12.30 - 1.30 pm and also extra seminars at different times. These seminars showcase the work of national and international academics/researchers.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and/or to be added to our mailing list.
George Singer Building, level 3, room 335
La Trobe University
Other events by type
- Public Health Seminar - The use of photography in the treatment of adults with depression: a new opportunity using art therapy
21st Aug 2019 1:00pm
- Aphasia CRE - Seminar Series 2
28th Aug 2019 3:00pm
- Senselab Seminar #2 @LAI: Sensing Animal Sociality
28th Aug 2019 2:00pm
- Developing Research Collaborations with Chinese Researchers and Research Institutions: The Case of STEM Education
29th Aug 2019 2:30pm
- Introduction to Teaching and Learning (Bendigo)
30th Aug 2019 9:30am