Socioecological perspectives to wellbeing in the perinatal period
Socioecological perspectives to wellbeing across preconception, pregnancy and postpartum
- Wednesday 07 December 2022 12:30 pm until Wednesday 07 December 2022 01:30 pm (Add to calendar)
- Stacey Hokke, Judith Lumley Centre, La Trobe University
- Presented by:
- Dr Briony Hill, School of Public Health and Preventive Medicine, Monash University
- Type of Event:
- Health/wellbeing/lifestyle; Seminar/Workshop/Training
Join via zoom: https://latrobe.zoom.us/j/86461108677
Dr Briony Hill is a Research Fellow in the Health and Social Care Unit, School of Public Health and Preventive Medicine at Monash University. She completed her PhD in Health Psychology in 2015 at Deakin University, exploring a psychosocial and behaviour change approach to preventing excessive gestational weight gain. For her thesis, she was awarded an Alfred Deakin Medal for Doctoral Thesis and an Australian Psychological Society (APS) Health College Award for Excellent Higher Degree Thesis in Health Psychology. Briony has received competitive fellowship funding since completing her PhD, including an Alfred Deakin Postdoctoral Research Fellowship and an NHMRC Early Career Fellowship in the area of preconception wellbeing. In 2023 Briony will commence an ARC Discovery Early Career Researcher Award (DECRA).
Briony's research interests include maternal wellbeing - in particular, encouraging healthy weight, obesity prevention, and healthy lifestyle behaviours before, during and after pregnancy. She also applies an Ecological Systems Theory lens to her research to recognise the broader impacts on weight management and lifestyle health that extend through the community, society and government.
The Judith Lumley Centre lunchtime seminars are free and open to all. Held on the first Wednesday of every month from February to December. These seminars showcase the work of national and international academics/researchers.
Find out more about the School of Nursing and Midwifery and the Judith Lumley Centre
Other events by type
- Anthropocene Reading Group - Between Facticity and Normativity
4 Apr 2023 1:00 pm
- Papua New Guinea Midwifery Leadership Buddy Program
5 Apr 2023 12:30 pm
- LiDs Online Seminar Series
12 Apr 2023 3:00 pm
- The Assessment & Management of Running Injuries Symposium
14 Apr 2023 3:30 pm
- Anthropocene Reading Group - Spacetime Re(con)figurings: Naturalcultural Forces and Changing Topologies of Power
18 Apr 2023 1:00 pm