Social Change and Equity: Building Industry Partnerships
Discover the impactful ways that our researchers and industry have partnered to make change. Lead by Research Theme Lead – Katie Holmes, register now for this in-person industry partnership event.
- Thursday 20 October 2022 10:00 am until Thursday 20 October 2022 12:00 pm (Add to calendar)
- Hope Terdich, Manager - Marketing Communications, Industry Engagement
- Presented by:
- La Trobe Industry
- Type of Event:
- Conference; Corporate; Public Lecture; Seminar/Workshop/Training
Join us for this seminar and networking session with leading La Trobe researchers and industry partners
Social inequality is driven by structural disadvantages such as race and gender, economic systems, climate change, and lack of access to basic resources.
Achieving social justice and equality requires long term and sustainable action to close the inequity gap. We strive to create more just and equitable societies, through understanding social change, examining social inclusion and optimizing social justice.
La Trobe Industry and La Trobe University’s Research Theme Lead ‘Social Change & Equity’, Professor Katie Holmes, invites you to attend the first ‘Social Change and Equity: Building Industry Partnerships’ session, where you will be introduced and explore in detail the impactful ways that La Trobe researchers and industry have partnered with community organisations, legal services, health and wellbeing providers, and career and education resources.
The in-person session include presentations from leading La Trobe University researchers and their industry partner, Q&A session and networking opportunity with refreshments.
- 'A research and policy partnership to understand and respond to the health and wellbeing needs of LGBTIQ people in Australia'
Associate Professor Dr Adam Bourne - Public Health, Acting Director of the Australian Research Centre in Sex, Health and Society (ARCSHS), La Trobe University, and Simon Ruth, CEO, Thorne Harbour Health
- 'Shared Values for Impact'
Associate Professor Chris Maley, La Trobe Law School, and Wanda Bennetts, Senior Consumer Consultant for Independent Mental Health Advocacy
- ‘Pacific Role Models Website’
Dr. Makiko Nishitanti, Lecturer – Anthropology, La Trobe University, and Dean Wickham, Honorary Consul of Soloman Islands, Pacific Island Network (Inc.)
- ‘Shared Reading for Wellbeing and Social Inclusion at the Carlton Library’
Dr. Sara James, Senior Lecturer – Sociology, La Trobe University and David Harding, Outreach Librarian, Yarra Libraries
La Trobe City Campus, 360 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000
Other events by type
- Leadership: The role of a leader in the reskilling era
29 Nov 2022 10:00 am
- Socioecological perspectives to wellbeing in the perinatal period
7 Dec 2022 12:30 pm
- LaTrobe Digital Health Community of Practice Event: Real World digital health tools – improving patient care
7 Dec 2022 12:00 pm
- Clinical Educator CPD webinar | What can Allied Health Education learn from Medical Education?
8 Dec 2022 2:00 pm
- Living with Disability Research Centre Seminar
14 Dec 2022 3:00 pm