Single Session Thinking in Practice (November)
This live-stream online half-day implementation focused training is the practice companion to The Bouverie Centre’s Single Session Thinking (SST) self-paced online course. SST involves approaching the first session as if it will be the last, whilst creating opportunities for further work if requested by the client. This live-streamed training is designed to consolidate your SST knowledge and enhance the application of these ideas in your clinical practice.
- Wednesday 03 November 2021 01:00 pm until Wednesday 03 November 2021 05:00 pm (Add to calendar)
- The Bouverie Centre
- Presented by:
- Lynda Moore and Nick Barrington, The Bouverie Centre
- Type of Event:
- Seminar/Workshop/Training; Public
- $110 (GST Incl)
This half-day implementation focused course is the practice companion to The Bouverie Centre’s Single Session Thinking self-paced online course. This live-streamed training is designed to consolidate your knowledge of Single Session Thinking concepts and enhance the application of these ideas in your clinical practice.
Single Session Thinking (SST) involves approaching the first session as if it will be the last, whilst creating opportunities for further work if requested by the client. If you have completed the self-paced SST online course, this SST in Practice session aims to meet your needs as you begin applying Single Session Thinking in your work. Emphasising the direct “clinician-client” relationship, it will recap key points from the online course and guide you through experiential activities to embed Single Session Thinking into your own practice.
Those who have completed The Bouverie Centre's Single Session Thinking self-paced online course and would like further opportunities for skills practice and the exploration of ideas for embedding SST into their work. It is also suitable for those who have completed the SST training previously and would like to refresh their skills.
In the last 12 months, completion of The Bouverie Centre’s Single Session Thinking self-paced online course
On completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Articulate what SST is and how it can be applied to the work that you do
- Identify potential barriers and resources to support the integration of SST into everyday practice
- Demonstrate the use of a single session approach (attitudes and skills) in your work with clients
What You Can Expect
- Small group practice activities using a range of reflective processes
- Discussion of case examples
- Exploration of ideas around applicability to your workplace and role
- Passionate and experienced presenters
No Bullshit Therapy
Other events by type
- Implementing culturally safe midwifery care for First Nations women
6th Jul 2022 12:30pm
- Living with Disability Research Centre Research Seminar Series
13th Jul 2022 3:00pm
- Family is complicated: What does this mean for supporting families and people living with HIV, hepatitis C, or hepatitis B?
13th Jul 2022 4:00pm
- Introduction to Family Therapy
14th Jul 2022 9:30am
- Violet Vines Marshman Annual Oration
14th Jul 2022 5:00pm