Singapore’s place in Asia’s pandemic recovery
A live podcast recording of the Asia Rising podcast via zoom
- Tuesday 25 August 2020 06:00 pm until Tuesday 25 August 2020 06:45 pm (Add to calendar)
- La Trobe Asia
- Presented by:
- His Excellency Mr Kwok Fook Seng
- Type of Event:
- Public Lecture; Public
Singapore has long been a global hub of business, uniquely positioned in the world of economics at a crossroads serving multiple time zones and business interests. While the highly developed city-state is home to the world’s second busiest port, it has no natural resources and relies largely on international trade for its economic prosperity.
How does a new reality of limited travel and pandemic restrictions look from Singapore and what changes can we expect in the global marketplace? What role will it play in regional economic recovery, and is there still a place for a green economy?
His Excellency Mr Kwok Fook Seng is Singapore’s High Commissioner to Australia. From 2011 to 2014, he was Singapore’s Permanent Representative to the World Trade Organisation (WTO) and the World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO) in Geneva. As Ambassador for Climate Change from 2014 to 2016, he worked on the Paris Agreement at the 21st Conference of Parties of the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) in December 2015.
Other events by type
- Online event: Bendigo Invention and Innovation Festival 2020
31st Aug 2020
- The Pandemic Impact: Imagining the future in the midst of COVID-19
22nd Sep 2020 6:00pm
- A network of sites and ‘up-skilled’ therapists to deliver best-practice stroke rehabilitation of the arm
23rd Sep 2020 10:00am
- Japan After Abe
30th Sep 2020 6:00pm
- Online Event : Dressed and Blessed Discovering History Seminar
1st Oct 2020 5:30pm