Responding to Trauma and Uncertainty: Conversations with people seeking asylum in Australia's mandatory detention system
Internationally renowned social worker and narrative therapist, Poh Lin Lee, will discuss her experience providing counselling services on Christmas Island between 2011 – 2014.
- Wednesday 11 March 2020 10:30 am until Wednesday 11 March 2020 12:00 pm (Add to calendar)
- Averyl Gaylor
- Presented by:
- Centre for Health, Law and Society
- Type of Event:
- Public Lecture
In this lecture, Lee discusses working alongside survivors of torture and persecution as they are held in Australia’s immigration detention centre. Lee highlights the ways in which power and ongoing systemic abuse re-invigorate and contribute to ongoing, multiple trauma.
Law Moot Court, Room 232 Social Sciences Building
La Trobe University
Other events by type
- Webinar: Breakfast at Noon - Michelle Gallaher, CEO at Opyl
9th Jun 2020 12:00pm
- Will the future of planning change due to the pandemic?
10th Jun 2020 8:30pm
- Living with Disability Research Centre Research Seminar Series
10th Jun 2020 3:00pm
- South China Sea and Maritime Rule-Based Order
15th Jun 2020 8:30pm
- Online event: Gender Equality and COVID-19
17th Jun 2020 5:00pm