Responding to disclosures (webinar)
Learn how to respond to students compassionately, and appropriately referring them to internal and external services.
- Wednesday 05 May 2021 10:00 am until Wednesday 05 May 2021 11:30 am (Add to calendar)
- Speak Up
- Presented by:
- Speak Up
- Type of Event:
The University’s move to online teaching brings new challenges for staff to respond to and manage student behavioural issues or disclosures during classes, assessments, online forums and other forms of communication.
To guide staff in this area, Speak Up has developed a series of resources on relevant topics and is launching the below webinar.
As a trusted person, staff may receive a disclosure relating to personal difficulties, such as students experiencing family violence, sexual assault, technology-facilitated abuse, suicidal thoughts, and self-harming. We discuss these experiences, how to respond to them compassionately, and appropriately referring students to internal and external services.
- Responding to Disclosures of Sexual Harm
- Risk of Self-Harm or Suicide
- Technology Facilitated Abuse
- Family Violence factsheet
Tuesday, 5 May, 10am – 11:30am | Join via Zoom
La Trobe University Bundoora
Other events by type
- Learning and Teaching with Microsoft Teams
4th Aug 2020 1:00pm
- Vice-Chancellor’s Teaching Awards
5th Aug 2020 2:00pm
- Caring during COVID‐19
5th Aug 2020 12:30pm
- Getting your Readings Online
6th Aug 2020 1:00pm
- Essentials of online teaching and learning (Online)
6th Aug 2020 11:00am