Responding to disclosures (webinar)
Learn how to respond to students compassionately, and appropriately referring them to internal and external services.
- Wednesday 05 May 2021 10:00 am until Wednesday 05 May 2021 11:30 am (Add to calendar)
- Speak Up
- Presented by:
- Speak Up
- Type of Event:
The University’s move to online teaching brings new challenges for staff to respond to and manage student behavioural issues or disclosures during classes, assessments, online forums and other forms of communication.
To guide staff in this area, Speak Up has developed a series of resources on relevant topics and is launching the below webinar.
As a trusted person, staff may receive a disclosure relating to personal difficulties, such as students experiencing family violence, sexual assault, technology-facilitated abuse, suicidal thoughts, and self-harming. We discuss these experiences, how to respond to them compassionately, and appropriately referring students to internal and external services.
- Responding to Disclosures of Sexual Harm
- Risk of Self-Harm or Suicide
- Technology Facilitated Abuse
- Family Violence factsheet
Tuesday, 5 May, 10am – 11:30am | Join via Zoom
La Trobe University Bundoora
Other events by type
- Relaxation & Meditation Sessions
3rd Sep 2020 1:30pm
- Intersectionality in digital feminist knowledge cultures: Practising a travelling theory
21st Oct 2020 4:00pm
- Inclusive and accessible education and services to students with disabilities in higher education
21st Oct 2020 2:00pm
- Getting your Readings Online
28th Oct 2020 12:00pm
- Online webinar: A Wellbeing Worthy of COVID times - the need for a relational approach
29th Oct 2020 6:00pm