Regional Perspectives on the Free and Open Indo-Pacific: Emerging Leaders Program
Emerging Leaders Program
- Thursday 30 September 2021 09:00 am until Saturday 30 October 2021 05:00 pm (Add to calendar)
- La Trobe Asia
- Presented by:
- La Trobe Asia
- Type of Event:
- Current Student: Leadership; Forum/symposium; Seminar/Workshop/Training
Across September and October, La Trobe Asia is hosting a program for emerging leaders on Regional Perspectives on the Free and Open Indo-Pacific. The virtual program will bring together emerging leaders and scholars to discuss critical issues facing the region. The program aims to equip emerging leaders with the skills needed to tackle contemporary issues in the Indo-Pacific.
At the conclusion of the program, emerging leaders will be invited to publish in a specially curated series of online publications with La Trobe Asia.
The program has three key pillars:
- Workshops with academics, analysts, journalists and emerging scholars, in which we will develop understandings of what a ‘Free and Open’ Indo-Pacific looks like, with particular attention paid to the importance of maintaining free and open ‘global commons’, such as the world’s oceans
- Masterclasses and mentoring with policy practitioners and leaders in Australia’s Indo-Pacific thinking
- Authoring and publishing a 2022 La Trobe ‘Asia Brief’ on next generation and regional perspectives on the Free and Open Indo-Pacific
- Beginning 30 September: Masterclasses on Diplomacy, Defence, and Development
- Tuesday 26 and Wednesday 27 October: An online two-day dialogue with scholars from across the region
- Thursday 28 October: Workshops on policy writing, op-ed writing and communications
To register visit https://forms.gle/s13V4zwfQvEZeXTbA
The program is open to students and young professionals from across Australia.
Applications close Thursday 23 September at 11:59pm
This event is supported by the U.S. Embassy in Canberra.
Special thanks to Asia Society, Young Australians in International Affairs, Australia-Indonesia Youth Association, Australia-Japan Youth Dialogue, ASEAN – Australia Strategic Youth Partnership, Australia India Youth Dialogue, Australia-Pacific Youth Dialogue and the La Trobe International Relations Association.
Any questions, please contact Kate Clayton firstname.lastname@example.org
Other events by type
- Aspire Drop-in Session
9th Sep 2021 3:30pm
- EDU Danmark Days Virtual Fair – 15 September 2021
15th Sep 2021 11:00pm
- On the asymptotic behavior of functionals of random fields
16th Sep 2021 12:00pm
- Master of Artificial Intelligence webinar
16th Sep 2021 6:00pm
- Psychology seminar - Addressing alcohol and other drug-related stigma in Australia: where to next?
16th Sep 2021 4:00pm