Psychology colloquium - Depression in young people: Finding treatment approaches that work
A Department of Psychology and Counselling colloquium presented by Assoc Prof Chris Davey, Orygen & Department of Psychiatry, University of Melbourne
- Thursday 12 March 2020 04:00 pm until Thursday 12 March 2020 05:00 pm (Add to calendar)
- Maarten van den Buuse
- Presented by:
- Assoc Prof Chris Davey
- Type of Event:
Chris’s research has focused on studying effective treatments for depression, and he has led large NHMRC-funded multicentre clinical trials. He has had an interest in using brain imaging to examine depression and social-affective processes. He has had a particular interest in integrating clinical trials of antidepressant treatments with neuroscientifically informed investigation of their mechanisms of action. His presentation will address examples of these research projects.
Chris Davey has recently been appointed Head of Department of Psychiatry at The University of Melbourne. Prior to this he worked as a psychiatrist and researcher at Orygen and the Centre for Youth Mental Health, where he was the head of a clinic for young people with severe and complex mood disorders and led the mood and anxiety research program.
Chris completed his medical degree at the University of Western Australia. He trained in psychiatry in Sydney and Melbourne, and completed his PhD at The University of Melbourne.
Thursday March 12, Time: 4 - 5 pm
Hoogenraad Theatre, LIMS1-101, Bundoora campus;
Wodonga AW1 113 Library Meeting Room; Bendigo AS2-224B.
For more information please contact seminar convener Prof Maarten van den Buuse.
Institute for Molecular Science, La Trobe University, Bundoora Victoria 3083
Other events by type
- Classroom teaching for mixed mode cohorts
20th Jan 2021 12:30pm
- LMS design for effective mixed mode learning
20th Jan 2021 2:30pm
- HIV and Hepatitis Pre and Post Test Discussion - A short course for infection prevention and control practitioners
11th Feb 2021
- Understanding the impediments to uptake and diffusion of take-home naloxone in Australia: Report launch and findings from a large qualitative study
17th Feb 2021 4:00pm
- Responding to disclosures (webinar)
5th May 2021 10:00am