Promoting men's mental and physical health in early fatherhood
A Judith Lumley Centre lunchtime seminar with Rebecca Giallo
- Wednesday 03 July 2019 12:30 pm until Wednesday 03 July 2019 01:30 pm (Add to calendar)
- Judith Lumley Centre
- Presented by:
- Associate Professor Rebecca Giallo
- Type of Event:
The Working Out Dads evaluation
Approximately one in 10 fathers experience mental health difficulties in the early years of parenting, yet there is a dearth of evidence-based interventions to promote fathers’ mental health at this time. The Working Out Dads evaluation aims to address a significant gap in knowledge about the effectiveness of early intervention and prevention approaches to promote the health and well-being of fathers in the early years of parenting, to inform policy and best practice in promoting the mental health of fathers and the prevention of family conflict.
Rebecca Giallo is a Senior Research Fellow and Psychologist with the Intergenerational Health research group at the Murdoch Children's Research Institute. She brings over 15 years' experience in life course epidemiological and clinical intervention research focused on promoting the health and wellbeing of children and families.
She co-leads the Strengthening Families Stream which aims to:
(1) explore the impact of early life stress on children and families,
(2) understand what supports resilience in families experiencing early life stress, and
(3) evaluate the effectiveness of clinical interventions to promote intergenerational health and wellbeing.
Rebecca has also worked with children and families in a range of educational, hospital and clinical settings.
Time and venue
3 July 2019
12:30 - 1:30 pm
Judith Lumley Centre, School of Nursing and Midwifery, La Trobe University
Bundoora Campus, George Singer Building: level 3, room 335
The Judith Lumley Centre holds open lunchtime seminars on the first Wednesday of every month from February to December from 12.30 - 1.30 pm and also extra seminars at different times. These seminars showcase the work of national and international academics/researchers.
Email us at email@example.com for more information and/or to be added to our mailing list.
George Singer Building, level 3, room 335
La Trobe University
Other events by type
- Assessment for Learning (Workshop + Student panel)
18th Jul 2019 10:00am
- 2019 Vice Chancellor & AAUT Awards Workshop
19th Jul 2019 12:00pm
- Introduction to Teaching and Learning (Bundoora)
25th Jul 2019 9:30am
- Hong Kong's Extradition Law Crisis: How did it get to this and where to next?
1st Aug 2019 6:00pm
- Being/Human: What human rights do with sex, drugs and bodies
7th Aug 2019 12:30pm