Explore the three key areas outlined in the University’s WIL framework and the design implications for embedding them into the curriculum
- Thursday 19 August 2021 11:00 am until Thursday 19 August 2021 12:00 pm (Add to calendar)
- Education Services
- Presented by:
- Liz Braningan, Katherine Ashman, Jason Brown & Colleen Holt
- Type of Event:
Designing for Work-Integrated Learning
La Trobe’s Strategic Plan 2020-2030 commits the University to a goal of being in the top twelve nationally and top in Victoria for graduates in full-time employment as measured by the Graduate Outcome Survey. Key to our success in achieving this goal is the development and expansion of Work Integrated Learning (WIL).
In the constantly evolving world of work, assisting students to develop adaptable and relevant work skills is critical. Students need to engage in a range of WIL activities embedded in the curriculum that spans professional awareness (through career development learning), industry connection (through professional engagement), and professional practice (through work-based learning).
This seminar explores the three key areas outlined in the University’s WIL framework and the design implications for embedding them into the curriculum. The seminar will outline:
- the definition and range of WIL opportunities for students
- the place of Career Ready Advantage in the course
- examples of outstanding embedded WIL design
- authentic and contextualised WIL experiences.
Benefits of joining the session: At the conclusion of this session, you should be able to
- define Work Integrated Learning in terms of a range of approaches and strategies
- consider how you will design for the integration of WIL in your curriculum
- know where to access support and resources to build your WIL design capacity.
- Dr Katherine Ashman (La Trobe Business School)
- Jason Brown (Employability & WIL) &
- Dr Colleen Holt (Speech Pathology, Orthoptics and Audiology)
Facilitator: Dr Liz Branigan (Education Services)
- Please note this session is only available for La Trobe University staff members.
- This session may be recorded for promotion and/or quality assurance purposes. Recorded sessions will be made available on the Education Services intranet page.
- A link to join the webinar will be provided by email reminder once your online registration has been completed.
Other events by type
- LMS design for effective mixed mode learning
2nd Aug 2021 11:00am
- Mental Health Basics Training Part 1 - Staff and students
2nd Aug 2021 9:00am
- Is Asia Heading for War?
4th Aug 2021 5:30pm
- Vice-Chancellor’s Teaching Awards
4th Aug 2021 10:00am
- Student Polling
5th Aug 2021 12:30pm