Povinelli Part I
Join us for an interdisciplinary, cross-institutional reading group, focused on encounters between laws and different scholarly traditions in the context of the Anthropocene.
- Tuesday 06 September 2022 01:00 pm until Tuesday 06 September 2022 02:00 pm (Add to calendar)
- Kathleen Birrell
- Presented by:
- La Trobe Law School
- Type of Event:
In this session we will be looking at Elizabeth Povinelli, ‘Introduction’ and ‘The Four Axioms of Existence’ in Between Gaia and Ground: Four Axioms of Existence and the Ancestral Catastrophe of Late Liberalism (2021) 1-11 and 15-35.
We invite you to join an interdisciplinary, cross-institutional reading group, focused on encounters between laws and different scholarly traditions in the context of the Anthropocene. In 2022, we are exploring texts that consider intersections between subjectivity and matter, the human/inhuman, and the idea of the inhumanities as jurisgenerative.
We are associated with and share common intellectual and activist pursuits with the La Trobe Climate Network.
The group is convened by Dr Kathleen Birrell and meets online.
Please email Kathleen Birrell to RSVP and for access to reading resources.
*Image by Jason deCaires Taylor @jasondecairestaylor
Other events by type
- China and the power of Xi Jinping
3 Feb 2023 4:00 pm
- What Indonesia’s Criminal Code Means for Human Rights
7 Feb 2023 5:30 pm
- One of the lasses? Attitudes to trans inclusion and safety in gender-based violence support services
15 Feb 2023 4:00 pm
- China’s global media campaign
16 Feb 2023 10:30 am