Pathways, contexts, and voices of shame: suicidality during pregnancy and the following year
A Judith Lumley Centre lunchtime seminar with Dr Laura Biggs
- Wednesday 07 July 2021 12:30 pm until Wednesday 07 July 2021 01:30 pm (Add to calendar)
- Judith Lumley Centre
- Presented by:
- Dr Laura Biggs, Murdoch Children's Research Institute
- Type of Event:
Dr Laura Biggs is a midwife and postdoctoral researcher in the Migrant and Refugee Research Program, Intergenerational Health, Murdoch Children's Research Institute. Laura's research focuses on innovative policy and practice change in perinatal mental health, particularly relating to the intersections of maternal suicide prevention, gender-based violence, and health inequities. She also has a strong interest in workforce wellbeing, and the role of lived experience in health professional practice and education.
Time and venue
7 July 2021
12:30 - 1:30 pm
Judith Lumley Centre, School of Nursing and Midwifery, La Trobe University
The Judith Lumley Centre holds open lunchtime seminars on the first Wednesday of every month from February to December from 12.30 - 1.30 pm and also extra seminars at different times. These seminars showcase the work of national and international academics/researchers.
Our lunchtime seminars are free and open to all. They are delivered in accessible academic language and members of the wider community are welcome to attend.
Email us at email@example.com for more information and/or to be added to our mailing list.
Other events by type
- Psychology seminar - Mental wellbeing and resilience: From neuroscience to clinical translation
29th Jul 2021 4:00pm
- LMS design for effective mixed mode learning
2nd Aug 2021 11:00am
- Mental Health Basics Training Part 1 - Staff and students
2nd Aug 2021 9:00am
- Is Asia Heading for War?
4th Aug 2021 5:30pm
- Vice-Chancellor’s Teaching Awards
4th Aug 2021 10:00am