Online event: Parent and Carer information series – Supporting your student Webinar
What does study look like? How can you support your student's learning and wellbeing? What opportunities are there after secondary school?
- Wednesday 13 May 2020 05:15 pm until Wednesday 13 May 2020 06:30 pm (Add to calendar)
- Jessica Chalmers-Borella
02 6024 9738; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Presented by:
- Cherie Dyde, Jessica Watt and Kacey Mumberson
- Type of Event:
- Future Student Information; Community Event
In 2020 La Trobe University will host a series of workshops for parents, carers and the wider community to help you discover the opportunities available to your students, and provide information to support you in the important role you play in supporting the aspirations of your student.
Session 1 “Supporting your student” will focus on the role you can play now, whilst your student is at high school, to set them up for successful and sustainable study habits that will allow them to achieve their best. We will discuss some of the challenges they may have coming up so that you can be prepared with tools to assist.
Cherie Dyde and Jessica Watt work with students from Year 7-12 to demystify university, build student capacity, inform student aspiration and support wellbeing. Cherie and Jess have worked across a number of schools in both NSW and VIC, to implement tailored and scaffolded programs to support both students and teachers. Using the knowledge they have gained through this work, they will share their tools, tips and understanding of school curriculum with you in this session.
La Trobe University, Albury Wodonga Campus
Other events by type
- Online event: Bendigo Invention and Innovation Festival 2020
31st Aug 2020
- Relaxation & Meditation Sessions
3rd Sep 2020 1:30pm
- Online Event: AMET SIRA September Expo 2020
18th Sep 2020 11:00am
- Online Event: TheRightU – Overseas University Virtual Fair 2020
26th Sep 2020 3:20pm
- Media Exposing the Wrongs of Bad Corporate Behaviour
30th Sep 2020 6:00pm