No Bullshit Therapy in Practice
his half-day live stream workshop, presented by The Bouverie Centre, complements our No Bullshit Therapy (NBT) self-paced online course. It supports the content of the self-paced online modules by building on your existing knowledge of NBT as a way to work respectfully with all people, including those reluctant to engage.
- Thursday 10 November 2022 09:00 am until Thursday 10 November 2022 01:00 pm (Add to calendar)
- The Bouverie Centre
- Presented by:
- Nick Barrington, The Bouverie Centre
- Type of Event:
- Seminar/Workshop/Training; Public
- $115 (GST Incl)
This half-day live stream workshop complements our No Bullshit Therapy (NBT) self-paced online course. It supports the content of the self-paced online modules by building on your existing knowledge of NBT as a way to work respectfully with all people, including those reluctant to engage.
NBT is about being authentic – even in difficult situations and with clients we find challenging. Creating a context for mutual honesty and directness, sometimes just by stating how you like to work, can be liberating and productive, especially with people who are fearful of counselling. When combined with warmth, care and respect for the constraints of the work, a counsellor who avoids jargon and uses an honest and direct approach can enhance intimacy and trust, especially with haters of therapy.
The course will offer the opportunity to embed new ideas, ask an expert trainer your questions, and hone practice through a range of engaging activities.
Completion of The Bouverie Centre’s No Bullshit Therapy course (live-stream or self-paced) in the last 12 months.
Professionals, including counsellors, therapists, case managers, team leaders or managers interested in understanding and/or applying a NBT approach either in their individual clinical practice or as a treatment modality within their agency AND have completed The Bouverie Centre’s No Bullshit Therapy course.
On completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Practice skills of NBT in a supportive small group setting where you will receive relevant and helpful feedback
- Help to work through the issues of how to get started in making NBT part of your current practice in your work role and setting
- Be able to apply NBT concepts that can make you ‘practice ready’ in the use of NBT
10 November 2022
9.00am to 1.00pm (AEDT)
What you can expect
- An implementation focused course with a subject expert exploring key theories and theoretical frameworks
- Small group practice activities
- Discussion of case examples
- Exploration of ideas around applicability to your workplace and role
Related Training and Support
Other events by type
- Implementing culturally safe midwifery care for First Nations women
6th Jul 2022 12:30pm
- Living with Disability Research Centre Research Seminar Series
13th Jul 2022 3:00pm
- Introduction to Family Therapy
14th Jul 2022 9:30am
- Violet Vines Marshman Annual Oration
14th Jul 2022 5:00pm
- Ideas & Society Program: Russia’s War on Ukraine
21st Jul 2022 5:00am