National Science Week: Food – different by design, the future is green
Think you can design a new plant-based future food?? In collaboration with the Australian Society of Plant Scientists, La Trobe University will host an event called ‘The future is green’ so you can design a nutritious and sustainable plant-based future foods with internationally recognized agriculture and food researchers. The event will include activities such as science experiments, demonstration of science equipment and presentations by researchers.
- Sunday 15 August 2021 02:00 pm until Sunday 15 August 2021 04:00 pm (Add to calendar)
- Kim Johnson
- Presented by:
- La Trobe Institute for Agriculture and Food
- Type of Event:
By the middle of the century there will be almost 10 billion people on Earth – an awful lot of mouths to feed, especially when a warming climate makes agriculture more challenging. Scientists may save the day by helping crop species adapt and thrive as growing conditions change.
The Australian Society of Plant Scientists is organising visits to laboratories and field sites across the country. Through talks, displays and demonstrations they give rare insight into the challenges faced by farmers, and how food scientists are working to help.
5 Ring Road, Bundoora, 3086
Other events by type
- The Tragedy of Afghanistan: What Can We Do Now?
22nd Sep 2021 5:00pm
- 'India in Focus' - Sport for Development: Opportunities and Challenges
23rd Sep 2021 2:00pm
- The Shortest History of China
28th Sep 2021 5:00pm
- Vietnam’s Strategic Challenge
29th Sep 2021 2:00pm
- Thought Leadership – What employers want in business today
29th Sep 2021 5:30pm