National Science Week: Food – different by design, the future is green
Think you can design a new plant-based future food?? In collaboration with the Australian Society of Plant Scientists, La Trobe University will host an event called ‘The future is green’ so you can design a nutritious and sustainable plant-based future foods with internationally recognized agriculture and food researchers. The event will include activities such as science experiments, demonstration of science equipment and presentations by researchers.
- Sunday 15 August 2021 02:00 pm until Sunday 15 August 2021 04:00 pm (Add to calendar)
- Kim Johnson
- Presented by:
- La Trobe Institute for Agriculture and Food
- Type of Event:
By the middle of the century there will be almost 10 billion people on Earth – an awful lot of mouths to feed, especially when a warming climate makes agriculture more challenging. Scientists may save the day by helping crop species adapt and thrive as growing conditions change.
The Australian Society of Plant Scientists is organising visits to laboratories and field sites across the country. Through talks, displays and demonstrations they give rare insight into the challenges faced by farmers, and how food scientists are working to help.
5 Ring Road, Bundoora, 3086
Other events by type
- Bouverie's Annual Alumni and Friends Celebration
17th Feb 2022 7:00pm
- Violet Vines Marshman Annual Oration
21st Feb 2022
- Strengthening Connections: Utilising Single Session Thinking to reduce the risk of women’s re-entry into the prison system
23rd Feb 2022 9:30am
- Clinical Supervision Training
2nd Mar 2022
- Adolescent Family Violence: Systemic Interventions with Families
17th Mar 2022 9:30am