National Launch of Writing Themselves In 4
Please join us for the national launch of Writing Themselves in 4. Australia's largest ever study on the health and wellbeing of LGBTQA+ young people aged 14-21
- Wednesday 03 February 2021 02:00 pm until Wednesday 03 February 2021 03:30 pm (Add to calendar)
- ARCSHS Event staff
- Presented by:
- a range of ARCSHS speakers as well as a discussion panel of young people and community leaders.
- Type of Event:
- Launch; Public Lecture; Public
- Free - Registration required
We are excited to invite you to the launch of Australia's largest ever study on the health and wellbeing of LGBTQA+ young people aged 14-21, Writing Themselves In 4.
The national report contains vital information about the health and wellbeing of more than 6,000 LGBTQA+ young people, as well as findings relating to their experiences at school, homelessness, community connection and a range of other issues. The data will help to inform all those working to improve the lives of LGBTQA+ young people in Australia.
This research has been supported by the Victorian Department of Premier and Cabinet, the Australian Capital Territory Government Office for LGBTIQ+ Affairs, the New South Wales Department of Health and SHINE SA, with support from the Office of the Chief Psychiatrist in South Australia. It was conducted by the Australian Research Centre in Sex, Health and Society (ARCSHS) at La Trobe University with the support of Rainbow Health Victoria and Rainbow Network.
Please join us on Wednesday February 3 from 2-3:30pm as we launch the National report. The event will include a range of speakers as well as a discussion panel of young people and community leaders.
The launch will be conducted over Zoom webinar. Registrations are essential.
Register now on our Zoom webinar registration page.
The national report will be available on ARCSHS's website from Wednesday February 3.
Other events by type
- Is Asia Heading for War?
4th Aug 2021 5:30pm
- Kevin Rudd and Malcolm Turnbull—The challenge of China
10th Aug 2021 5:00pm
- Gender and Security in Asia
11th Aug 2021 3:30pm
- Developing Partnerships Between Australian and Indian Universities
11th Aug 2021 4:30pm
- Living with Disability Research Seminar Research Seminar Series
11th Aug 2021 3:00pm