National and Local Family Violence Initiatives
Explore the challenges and opportunities that exist across the spectrum of family violence with a range of experienced professionals discussing early intervention, response and research.
- Tuesday 27 November 2018 01:00 pm until Tuesday 27 November 2018 06:00 pm (Add to calendar)
- Dr Heather Downey
- Presented by:
- Christine Craik, President Australian Association of Social Workers
- Type of Event:
- Current Student: Undergraduate; Current Student: Postgraduate; Seminar/Workshop/Training; Public
- General admission $15, Students free
Join President of the Australian Association of Social Workers Christine Craik and a host of experienced and engaging professionals as we explore national and local family violence initiatives.
The event will capture the challenges and opportunities that exist across the spectrum of family violence, from early intervention, to response and research.
Presentations will be followed by a World Café style workshop, with an opportunity for networking with peers from 5.00pm.
Keynote speaker: Christine Craik, President, Australian Association of Social Workers.
Dr Kirsty Forsdike, Chair, La Trobe Violence Against Women Research Network
Rachael Mackay, Women’s Health Goulburn North East
Kerry Burns, Centre Against Violence (Wangaratta and Wodonga)
Kelley Latta, Albury Wodonga Health
Mellisa Long, Wodonga Federation of Government Schools
Stacey Anderson, Wodonga Primary School
Romina Lougoon, City of Wodonga
Building 6, Main Lecture Theatre
La Trobe University Albury-Wodonga, Building 6, Main Lecture Theatre
Other events by type
- Tokyo FRUiTS
12th Oct 2018
- Social Enterprise Workshop
14th Nov 2018 6:00pm
- Social Justice in the Neoliberal Age
14th Nov 2018 6:15pm
- Branding Yourself For Career Success In The Australian Job Market
14th Nov 2018 5:45pm
- The 2018 Bernard Bailyn Lecture in North American History
15th Nov 2018 6:00pm