Multi-type age-structured population model
You are welcome to attend the following Statistics and Stochastic colloquium (part of the Colloquium Series of the Department of Mathematics and Statistics) at La Trobe University.
- Thursday 01 October 2020 12:00 pm (Add to calendar)
- Andriy Olenko
- Presented by:
- Dr Jie Yen FAN, Monash University
- Type of Event:
Abstract: Population process in general setting, where each individual reproduces and dies depending on the state (such as age and type) of the individual as well as the entire population, offers a more realistic framework to population modelling. Formulating the population dynamics as a measure-valued stochastic process allows us to incorporate such dependence. We describe the dynamics of a multi-type age-structured population as a measure-valued process, and obtain its asymptotics, in particular, the law of large numbers and the central limit theorem.
Joint work with Kais Hamza, Peter Jagers and Fima Klebaner.
ZOOM LINK: https://latrobe.zoom.us/j/98357628534
Other events by type
- Family Violence and the LGBTIQA+ Online Session
14th Apr 2021 12:00pm
- Psychology seminar - Practice-informed research and evidence-based practice in family therapy: The "both/and" approach of the Bouverie Centre
15th Apr 2021 4:00pm
- Economics, Finance and Marketing Departmental Seminar
16th Apr 2021 10:45am
- Provost Teaching Award Workshop
19th Apr 2021 3:00pm
- Transition Pedagogy
20th Apr 2021 3:30pm