Mildura Writers Festival - Saturday workshops
The Mildura Writers’ Festival brings together some of Australia’s best writers in an intimate, winter program of workshops, lectures and discussion forums.
- Saturday 21 July 2018 10:00 am until Saturday 21 July 2018 05:00 pm (Add to calendar)
- Mildura Writers Festival
- Presented by:
- Type of Event:
- Community Event
As the learning partner of Mildura Writers Festival, we are proud to host the event on campus. Please visit the Mildura Writers Festival website to purchase tickets to the below Saturday events;
- 10.00am - A Hour with the PHMM Winner: Barry Hill and David Malouf.
- 11.30am - The Writing Life: James Ley and Cate Kennedy read from their work and talk about a life of writing.
- 12.30pm - Lunch
- 1.30pm - PEN Melbourne Indigenous Writers Award, presented by Marie Munkara
- 1.45pm - Writing Culture: Marie Munkara and Robyn Davidson read and discuss their work.
- 2.45pm - Reading Poetry: Les Murray and Jane Hirshfield read and discuss their poetry.
- 4.15pm - Life Writing: Sian Prior and Louise Allan present their work about memoir and fiction.
Brian Grogan Lecture Theatre
La Trobe University, 471 Benetook Avenue, Mildura
Other events by type
- Chart Form
18th Sep 2018
- Twilight Tour of La Trobe Wildlife Sanctuary
17th Oct 2018 8:00pm
- Alexander the Great: Hellenism, Homicide and the Politics of Murder
18th Oct 2018 6:00pm
- What fish is that?
20th Oct 2018 9:45am
- Frog Census
26th Oct 2018 6:45pm