Mental Health Basics Training - Staff
Learn the basics about student mental health, what signs to look out for, learn ways to respond and where to direct students for support.
- Monday 28 March 2022 09:30 am until Monday 28 March 2022 01:30 pm (Add to calendar)
- Chiara Dargin
- Presented by:
- Chiara Dargin
- Type of Event:
Mental Health Basics is a 4-hour workshop that provides participants with the basics to be able to recognize common mental health symptoms, respond to these concerns effectively and know where to refer that individual for further support.
The workshop includes an understanding of mental health myths, prevalence, and stigma. The workshop covers an understanding of depressive symptoms, anxiety, panic attacks, suicidal behaviour and self-harm.
Micro counselling skills are taught to help communicate empathy, care and be able to support an individual on an emotional level. Finally, participants are provided with referral pathways and services that students can access.
This is the first of a few sessions we will run throughout the year.
Register via the above 'book now' link and/or email Chiara Dargin for any queries and future dates.
Other events by type
- Living with Disability Research Centre Seminar
12th Oct 2022 2:30pm
- Adolescent Family Violence: Systemic Interventions with Families
20th Oct 2022 9:30am
- Social Change and Equity: Building Industry Partnerships
20th Oct 2022 10:00am
- Single Session Thinking in Practice
20th Oct 2022 1:00pm
- Systemic Family Work After Family Violence
27th Oct 2022 9:30am