Mental Health Basics Training Part 1 - Staff
Mental Health Basics provides staff and students with the basics to be able to recognize, respond to and refer those with mental health symptoms
- Thursday 22 July 2021 09:00 am until Friday 23 July 2021 11:00 am (Add to calendar)
- Student Health and Wellbeing
email@example.com; +61 (03) 9479 2956
- Presented by:
- Chiara Dargin
- Type of Event:
- Health/wellbeing/lifestyle; Seminar/Workshop/Training
Please note: This particular 4-hour workshop will be taught from 9am - 11am over two days, the 22nd and 23rd July.
Please register once only with the booking button above for both sessions. The same link will work for both sessions.
Taught by general psychologist and La Trobe counsellor Chiara Dargin, Mental Health Basics is a 4-hour workshop that provides staff with the basics to be able to recognize common mental health symptoms, respond to these concerns effectively and know where to refer that individual for further support. The workshop includes an understanding of mental health myths, prevalence, and stigma.
It will cover an understanding of:
- depressive symptoms
- panic attacks
- suicidal behaviour
Micro counselling skills are taught to help communicate empathy, care and be able to support an individual on an emotional level. Finally, participants are provided with referral pathways and services that students and the general public can access.
La Trobe University Bundoora
Other events by type
- Psychology seminar - Mental wellbeing and resilience: From neuroscience to clinical translation
29th Jul 2021 4:00pm
- LMS design for effective mixed mode learning
2nd Aug 2021 11:00am
- Mental Health Basics Training Part 1 - Staff and students
2nd Aug 2021 9:00am
- Is Asia Heading for War?
4th Aug 2021 5:30pm
- Vice-Chancellor’s Teaching Awards
4th Aug 2021 10:00am