MasterClass: Applying for Graduate Employment and Internships (SHE College)
Do you need a graduate job or internship in SCIENCE, HEALTH, IT or ENGINEERING? Improve your chances and learn how to put together competitive job applications. Choose from 4 graduate employer panels. Meet and network with employers to find out what they look for when recruiting candidates.
- Tuesday 20 February 2018 10:00 am until Tuesday 20 February 2018 03:00 pm (Add to calendar)
- Career Ready
- Presented by:
- Career Ready
- Type of Event:
- Current Student: Undergraduate; Current Student: Postgraduate; Current Student: Careers
MasterClass is a half day careers event about applying for internships and graduate jobs. Learn from Careers and Employability Advisers who will cover all aspects of the application process from sourcing opportunities through to interviews. You'll be clearer about what steps you can take to put together competitive job applications and how you can present yourself to employers.
After a break, select the Graduate Employer Panel that fits with your discipline. Hear tips from graduate employers to help you understand the recruitment process from an employer's perspective. Come prepared with questions to ask, then network with the graduate employers.
PART 1 - JOB APPLICATIONS. 10am - 12 midday (Agora Cinema)
This session will provide you with information and tips on the following topics:
- Introduction to graduate employment, internships & vacation programs
- Researching opportunities
- Online applications
- Responding to behavioural questions
PART 2 - EMPLOYER PANELS. 12.45 - 2.30pm (The Learning Commons)
A panel of graduate employers will provide helpful insights into the recruitment process from an employer's perspective. Find out about opportunities in their organisation and industry, and hear tips on what they look for in job applications and interviews.
- the Q & A session with the employer panel
- the networking opportunity with employers (the last 45 minutes)
Graduate Employer Panels
- IT & Engineering - TLC 313
Employers: Thales, VicRoads, Telstra, Kraft Heinz, Toll, NEC
- Science - TLC- 314
Employers: Abbott, CSL Behring, Agrifood Technology, Health Care Professionals Group
- Agriculture & Environmental Science - TLC-317
Employers: RuralCo, Department of Agriculture, Rimfire, City of Whittlesea, Commonwealth Bank
- Allied Health, Psychology & Public Health - TLC 315/316
Employers: City of Whittlesea, Bloom Hearing, Department of Veterans Affairs, Northern Health, NEAMI, Berry Street
Please note a separate careers MasterClass will be run for Nursing & Midwifery students when the 2018 nursing graduate programs have opened.
Find out more information, including names of employers attending, and to reserve your place.
La Trobe University, Bundoora
Other events by type
- Art Forum: Charlotte Christie
23rd May 2018 1:00pm
- Forever Young: how can we age without getting old?
24th May 2018 5:30pm
- Art Forum: Heather Lee
30th May 2018 1:00pm
- Superbugs and Slow Violence in India
31st May 2018 12:00pm
- Launch of Miwatj
31st May 2018 5:30pm