LiDS September Seminar
Ms Claire Quilliam and Ms Jasvinder Sekhon
- Wednesday 12 September 2018 03:00 pm until Wednesday 12 September 2018 05:00 pm (Add to calendar)
- Sophia Tipping
email@example.com; 03 9479 5740
- Presented by:
- Living with Disability Research Center
- Type of Event:
- Current Student: Postgraduate; Public Lecture; Seminar/Workshop/Training
Claire Quilliam, PhD Candidate | Casual Academic, Living with Disability Research Centre
'Understanding how staff use paperwork in group homes for people with intellectual disability'
Paperwork forms a large part of staffs’ work in group homes for people with intellectual disability. This research investigated how staff use paperwork and found they manage it in ways that enable them to maintain a resident-focus in day-to-day work. The findings also demonstrated that their paperwork was underpinned by aspects of their frontline role. Staffs’ paperwork is complex, and this could have implications for the way disability service organisations develop paper tools and for the staffs’ role in this process.
Ms Jasvinder Sekhon, Speech Pathologist / Doctoral Student, Discipline of Speech Pathology, La Trobe University
'A review of counseling training to enable speech-language pathologists to address the psychological wellbeing of people affected by post-stroke aphasia'.
The Stroke Foundation has identified psychological care after stroke as a priority for improvement. People with post-stroke aphasia experience psychological issues more often and more severely than stroke survivors without aphasia. Speech pathologists frequently provide counselling to people with post-stroke aphasia, however, report low knowledge, skills, and confidence in this activity. This study aimed to identify the objectives, content, amount, teaching methods, and outcomes of counselling training provided to speech pathologists working in post-stroke aphasia so to enable them to support the psychological wellbeing in this client group.
La Trobe University, Bundoora, Building HS1, Room 203 (2nd Floor)
La Trobe Bundoora car park 1
Other events by type
- Australian Print Triennial - Mungo Exhibition
17th Jan 2019 10:00am
- Strong laws under trimming – a comparison between iid random variables and dynamical systems
22nd Feb 2019 12:00pm
- Orientation 2019, La Trobe University Bendigo Campus
25th Feb 2019
- La Trobe University Orientation 2019, Melbourne Campus
25th Feb 2019
- Twilight Tour of La Trobe Wildlife Sanctuary
25th Feb 2019 8:30pm