La Trobe Rural Health School Seminar Series
The La Trobe Rural Health School (LRHS) Seminar Series aims to showcase world-class research being undertaken by researchers and industry partners affiliated with the LRHS. In August, Dr Carl Lavie presents on behalf of the Holsworth Research Initiative.
- Tuesday 16 August 2022 09:00 am (Add to calendar)
- Dr Courtney Sullivan
- Presented by:
- Holsworth Research Initiative
- Type of Event:
Exercise is Medicine-Emphasis on Efficacy, Dosing, Adverse Effects/Toxicity
Dr Carl "Chip' Lavie
We are delighted to announce that the August seminar of the La Trobe Rural Health School Seminar Series will feature Holsworth Research Initiative affiliated researcher, Dr Carl “Chip” Lavie. Dr Lavie is a Professor of Medicine and Medical Director, Cardiac Rehabilitation and Preventive Cardiology at the John Ochsner Heart and Vascular Institute at the University of Queensland School of Medicine, New Orleans.
Dr. Lavie’s research interests include cardiac rehabilitation and prevention, lipids, hypertension, obesity, and exercise, as well as non-invasive testing, encompassing echocardiography, exercise testing, and nuclear cardiology. He is the author of over 1500 medical publications including two cardiology textbooks, and nearly 60 book chapters. Dr. Lavie is a frequent lecturer, reviewer for several medical journals, and serves on the editorial board of numerous journals.
Other events by type
- Socioecological perspectives to wellbeing in the perinatal period
7 Dec 2022 12:30 pm
- LaTrobe Digital Health Community of Practice Event: Real World digital health tools – improving patient care
7 Dec 2022 12:00 pm
- Clinical Educator CPD webinar | What can Allied Health Education learn from Medical Education?
8 Dec 2022 2:00 pm
- Living with Disability Research Centre Seminar
14 Dec 2022 3:00 pm